Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • What's an iPhone?

Votes: 16 9.8%

• Total voters

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
For those with Sky. They sent me another SIM. 100mb , unlimited calls and texts for free. Is that free forever? Or is it like a trial? The rep I spoke to did mention it when I ordered, but I was busy at the time and didn’t take too much notice. Would be handy if it is forever as my mum could use it in her dumb phone, but seems a bit too good to be true.

neuty

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1579406It’s here 😁. ESR armorite Screen protector installed and trying out the Surphy case first. It’s a darker blue than it appears in the photo. I do like the covering around the lenses. Got the caseology vault in black and the Nudient thin in green.
Feels a bit heavier than the xs max but not uncomfortably so. That extra .2 of an inch makes a difference. Can notice the ProMotion. See it when scrolling. Looks a lot sharper, but flicking between it and the xs max , can’t say I would be devastated if it was only 60Hz. Will try out the cameras over the weekend. Looking forward to playing with the macro mode, and the cinematic video setting.
The case looks great but I don’t like silicone cases as they feel too sticky. I like how it covers the camera lenses

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Yeah, must admit I have never been a fan of silicone. Have the Nudient case which is a hard plastic. But I do like the look of this so will see how it goes purely because i like the way it covers the camera.

Dave M

Distinguished Member
I took out AppleCare Plus with Theft for £235 but this morning got a refund. Just can't decide. The idea is fine but over the years I have never damaged an iPhone and I am incredibly careful when out and about. Always (always) have my iPhone in a jean pocket so there's very little chance of it being nicked.....

Maybe I'll take out the monthly plan while I can and decide later? Anyone else have thoughts on this?

a l e x

Distinguished Member
I took out AppleCare Plus with Theft for £235 but this morning got a refund. Just can't decide. The idea is fine but over the years I have never damaged an iPhone and I am incredibly careful when out and about. Always (always) have my iPhone in a jean pocket so there's very little chance of it being nicked.....

Maybe I'll take out the monthly plan while I can and decide later? Anyone else have thoughts on this?

It’s more expensive with a higher excess than most other insurance policies.

Storvay

Dave, as with any insurance product, the value to any one person may not be the same for the other.

For me, like I said in another post, having spent far too much on phones for all the family, I didn’t feel like spending upfront for an insurance product. Monthly cost to me is negligible and willing to pay the extra 40 odd quid over the two years vs upfront (even more negligible).

I’m going caseless with the Pro so AC+ is a no brainer for me.

Edit: So, for my circumstances, monthly AC+ is a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

jsniper

While the excess is more on my bank insurance than applecare plus, I spend in a year £156 on my account fee which covers breakdown and recovery of vehicles, travel insurance and mobile phone insurance for all 4 of us (not that the kids need phone insurance but the travel insurance is useful) so the £125 excess for a replacement (admittedly not brand new but if Apple repair its refurbed anyway) or £75 for a repair makes it far more logical to stick with this. Just my two pence worth.

Fade In

Finally gave in and bought a 13 Mini (128GB, Midnight). Battery life is a big upgrade over the 12 Mini but other than that pretty similar (maybe slightly heavier).

neuty

Distinguished Member
Apple
Anyone got any advice on the quickest way to get a iphone 13 Pro in Manchester
Apple store or CEX

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Wanting to upgrade to 13 Pro but not sure what to do as I have a cheap EE sim with 23GB for £8pm but it’s only 4G so I’m thinking I’m going to have to sign up to a new 5G sim only and buy outright or thinking may as well just sign up to a new contract as I get 20% off the plan with EE.

neuty

Distinguished Member
Wanting to upgrade to 13 Pro but not sure what to do as I have a cheap EE sim with 23GB for £8pm but it’s only 4G so I’m thinking I’m going to have to sign up to a new 5G sim only and buy outright or thinking may as well just sign up to a new contract as I get 20% off the plan with EE.
Are you sure its only 4g? I'm sure most networks upgraded to 5g for free.

Also a few options to get a 13 Pro.
My route was trade in my old iPhone XS for a voucher at CEX, I bought CEX vouchers here on the classifieds at between 80% to 85%.

DavidT

Deleted.

JollyJamma

Went from X to 13 Pro Gold. Holy moly what a difference.

Got mine from Carphone Warehoue if that helps.

I went from iPhone 8 Plus to 13 Pro and I felt the same. Very very fast.

Mine arrived yesterday. Very happy with it. I wouldn't upgrade from a 12 to a 13 though.

neuty

Distinguished Member
How are folks getting on with their new iPhone 13’s?
I’m using a 13 Pro and moved from an Xs which is a small size upgrade.
What I am struggling with is its increase in weight but also the small increase in size. Has anyone got a 13 pro and a 13 mini available for comparison that can give a bit of guidance.

chicagocubvpn

Novice Member
How are folks getting on with their new iPhone 13’s?
I’m using a 13 Pro and moved from an Xs which is a small size upgrade.
What I am struggling with is its increase in weight but also the small increase in size. Has anyone got a 13 pro and a 13 mini available for comparison that can give a bit of guidance.
you will get used to the weight

neuty

Distinguished Member
you will get used to the weight
I didn’t get used to it and sold it on and got a 13 mini. Best choice really for me. Them 13 Pro are a HEAVY beast.

neuty

Distinguished Member
Has anyone come across a MagSafe sticker that can be used on a wireless charging base? I found one that can stick on the outside of a case to make that MagSafe compatible but I need one works the other way. I have the Anker 3 port wireless charging base and would like to pop a MagSafe sticker on it so my 13 mini line up perfectly.
Anyone spotted anything?

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
My dilemma is what to buy compared to my SE1…

The SE2 feels bigger in my hands than my SE1.
The 13 Mini feels much smaller to hold than the SE2.
The standard 13 is maybe 2mm larger all around compared to the SE2.

neuty

Distinguished Member
My dilemma is what to buy compared to my SE1…

The SE2 feels bigger in my hands than my SE1.
The 13 Mini feels much smaller to hold than the SE2.
The standard 13 is maybe 2mm larger all around compared to the SE2.
Tricky one but the 13 mini I have is a beast. Fantastic size, weight and great battery. Closest in size to your SE1.

Attachments

• 0B36DBDE-83F4-48C3-83CE-C3809FAB830D.png
    0B36DBDE-83F4-48C3-83CE-C3809FAB830D.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 10

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options