Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • What's an iPhone?

Votes: 16 9.8%

• Total voters

Dave M

Distinguished Member
Oh I so love the small form factor iPad mini. It’s perfect size for me, not put it down last few hours.
I set mine up as a new device. One word. Well ok 2: bloody passwords!!

Dave M

Distinguished Member
I set mine up as a new device. One word. Well ok 2: bloody passwords!!
Actually, I might wipe clean and restore from backup to mirror my 12.9.

Mystery Man

First impressions of using the pro max for a few hours, coming from a XS Max

• looks better, I prefer the more square design
  • is chunky, definitely feels bigger and heavier than the XS, good or bad thing is debatable.
  • battery life so far is fantastic
  • camera I need to try in daylight but the night mode shots are impressive as is the macro mode, cinematic movie mode looks fun but haven’t played with it enough yet.
  • pro motion is nice, feels very slick
  • fast, noticeable speed improvement over what I was using
  • MagSafe charger is great just for the satisfying clock sound when it connects

Only downer I have so far is the activity app isn’t showing all my awards but it is on my watch. Also there is an issue at the moment so using your watch to unlock your phone when you are wearing a mask isn’t working. I presume both of these will be fixed quick.

Happy camper overall, amazing to think how these phones have moved on since the original iPhone. What’s everyone else thoughts?

jsniper

I’ve upgraded from an 11 Pro so there’s a fairly hefty jump from that to the 13 Pro Max. So far I love it. Not had much chance to play as it was setting up last night after the kids had gone to bed and I’m at a stag-do today so the 11 will be coming with me to that.
I play a lot of Call of Duty Mobile - definitely need to change the ‘button’ layout for that with this new phone.
Speed and performance increases across the board are noticeable which is great. The screen is lovely.

My biggest gripe at the moment is that I managed to get a bit of dust stuck under the screen protector…

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Any one here upgraded from 12 pro to 13 pro. Can’t make my mind up. First year having to decide always upgraded but this time round I don’t think there much of a jump

jsniper

I think you’ve kind of answered your own question there to be honest. In you position I don’t think I’d be bothering. Save the money and upgrade next year.

Dave M

Distinguished Member
Any one here upgraded from 12 pro to 13 pro. Can’t make my mind up. First year having to decide always upgraded but this time round I don’t think there much of a jump
I'd save your money. Not much of an upgrade. I sold my 12 Pro Max early as I expected an always on display and a matte back iPhone. If I'd of known then I'd have stuck with my 12 Pro.

blaugrana69

I’m a serial upgrader too. Giving this year a skip and keeping my 12 Pro, just can’t justify it. Last year I skipped was the XS and before that the 4S😂

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Case isn't due until Tuesday so it'll be a couple of days before I handle it properly :D

View attachment 1575180

All day yesterday the tracker was on 'Preparing to Ship' and this morning it changed to this:

iPhone.png

Very disappointing, especially as our work Apple contact put the order through straight away. Three other iPhones 13 (one Mini and two 13) in the order are due Monday too, while the iPads all arrived yesterday.

kingslynnfc7

24hrs with the pro max coming from 11 pro max. So far impressed, battery fully charged when I got it and still now has plenty of life in it, loving the pro motion display, just feels so fluid. Not tested the cameras yet so will judge that soon. Purchased a MagSafe charger to go next to the bed, will see if that’s any good when battery dies.
Also treated myself to an official apple leather case, just had a clear case on my 11 pro max. Do like the feel of it, not very gripy tho.

Zaim7890

Received my pro max earlier, all setup, went to purchase applecare+ and it said the device isn't eligible. There are a few reports online for the same issue.

Apple have confirmed over a lengthy call that there is an issue that everyone is experiencing, the advice is to wait 48 hours and try again. So yeah just a heads up in case anyone else is trying to purchase it

Update, This is working now, not sure I needed the theft/loss plan but at 2.50 extra p/m I thought why not

Attachments

• E37F7784-2FB9-4964-88CE-B2B708808B0A.png
    E37F7784-2FB9-4964-88CE-B2B708808B0A.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 45

Dave M

Distinguished Member
Update, This is working now, not sure I needed the theft/loss plan but at 2.50 extra p/m I thought why not
If you buy it outright it works out cheaper. You can request a partial refund at any time,

W90WBA

I can't really say not worth is, as I don't have the 13 Pro, however I did buy the 12 Pro last year and I've never been less interested in an iPhone. The upgrades aren't worth it for my use, the only thing that will really make me upgrade from the 12 Pro would be a redesign such as a notchless/hole punch display which I'm hoping comes next year

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Anyone know how long you get your price locked in at MusicMagpie?

Regtastical

So what's the consensus on AppleCare+ on these new shiny iPhones?

I'm torn -- last 3 phones (iPhone 8, XS, 11) I have AppleCare, to be fair I had to use it once over that period, went caseless on XS and smashed it within a week.

Last edited:

Storvay

I'm torn -- last 3 phones (iPhone 8, XS, 11) I have AppleCare, to be fair I had to use it once over that period, went caseless on XS and smashed it within a week.

Currently caseless but the Max I have upgraded to is, to me, infinitely harder to keep safe in the hand. It’s a shame, the standard Pro was an absolute delight to use without a case and easy to grip - the Max I’m finding is too wide for me with the straight sides. Also finding it too heavy for my little finger where it rests. May have to get a case but, honestly, I’m thinking I may have to end up swapping to a standard Pro. Will give it another week or so before I make up my mind.

gavinl1967

At £189 or £9.49 a month for my 13 Pro Max, I think I'll pass.

Mine is in a cheapo case at the moment - and will reside in a Mous case once it arrives. I've managed not to damage a phone since I bought my first one back in '97.

Now I've just cursed myself :facepalm:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Never had AppleCare ever. A thin rubber case and glass screen protector is all I’ve ever used.

Dave M

Distinguished Member

Dave M

Distinguished Member
Currently caseless but the Max I have upgraded to is, to me, infinitely harder to keep safe in the hand. It’s a shame, the standard Pro was an absolute delight to use without a case and easy to grip - the Max I’m finding is too wide for me with the straight sides. Also finding it too heavy for my little finger where it rests. May have to get a case but, honestly, I’m thinking I may have to end up swapping to a standard Pro. Will give it another week or so before I make up my mind.
I’m the opposite. I think the squared shape makes it easier to hold. The rounded shape was always awkward for me. Thought it made it more slippy. Much prefer the new shape.

Storvay

I’m the opposite. I think the squared shape makes it easier to hold. The rounded shape was always awkward for me. Thought it made it more slippy. Much prefer the new shape.
I’m just going to have to get used to it. Am pretty sure it’ll be a non-issue after the acclimatisation.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton