• No way, I'm sticking this year.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • What's an iPhone?

Votes: 16 9.8%

• Total voters

Benji315

Mines just come, copying everything over on Wifi now, 2 hours 30 mins to go...

Blue is quite nice in hand, still might go with a clear case over the leather but I've got used to an Apple one on my 12!

a l e x

Distinguished Member
What’s the best clear case? Preferably something Amazon will bring me tomorrow….. I ordered a pro case for my pro max 🧐

gavinl1967

New phone all set up, screen protector and case on, and ios15 updated. All done in less than 30 minutes......

gavinl1967

What’s the best clear case? Preferably something Amazon will bring me tomorrow….. I ordered a pro case for my pro max 🧐
I bought a Torras crystal clear case from Amazon, and it seems pretty decent. Although I'm not going to use it at present, gone with the Caseology Vault I bought for now.

Zaim7890

Received my pro max earlier, all setup, went to purchase applecare+ and it said the device isn't eligible. There are a few reports online for the same issue.

Apple have confirmed over a lengthy call that there is an issue that everyone is experiencing, the advice is to wait 48 hours and try again. So yeah just a heads up in case anyone else is trying to purchase it

dkong0719

Can anyone tell me how the esim works on the new iPhones and Isit worth doing?
I travel a lot so would be handy

Storvay

Received my pro max earlier, all setup, went to purchase applecare+ and it said the device isn't eligible. There are a few reports online for the same issue.

Apple have confirmed over a lengthy call that there is an issue that everyone is experiencing, the advice is to wait 48 hours and try again. So yeah just a heads up in case anyone else is trying to purchase it
Can confirm I’ve had the same issue and have been told the same thing - wait 48 hours and try again.

Jaunty

Mine is due between 11-12 this morning. Just had a John Lewis add pop up for the iPhone. Perks at Work employee benefit gives an effective 3% cashback = £36 and they give a 2 year warranty (not 1 like Apple). Unlike Currys John Lewis terms do not seem to exclude mobiles. Wondering whether to bother with all the hassle, or just set up the new phone now!
I was sat here staring at the box. My Pro 512Gb is out of stock at John Lewis so I gave in and am now setting up my new device :). Have locked in a price with Music Magpie for mt XR 256Gb (£220, which is £5 less than last week).

Geoggy

One of mine delivered by DPD has arrived the other one still says our for delivery but never heard of the company - syncreon?

blaugrana69

One of mine delivered by DPD has arrived the other one still says our for delivery but never heard of the company - syncreon?
Syncreon aren’t a courier they’re the logistics firm Apple uses - it’s basically where all the iPhones are stored pre release date. The next step would be for the package to pass from Syncreon to the courier (DPD or DHL). So I’d guess there’s some “lag“ in the courier’s tracking system.

Last edited:

Dave M

Distinguished Member
Tried applying 2 ESR screen protectors and both have ended up with bubbles!

gavinl1967

Tried applying 2 ESR screen protectors and both have ended up with bubbles!
I managed it first time - which is unusual for me, I usually bin 2 or 3 before I get it right. This time I put the protector on before I even turned on the phone and as soon as I took the Apple screen protection off.

Geoggy

Syncreon aren’t a courier they’re the logistics firm Apple uses - it’s basically where all the iPhones are stored pre release date. The next step would be for the package to pass from Syncreon to the courier (DPD or DHL). So I’d guess there’s some “lag“ in the courier’s tracking system.
If I click the link in the despatch email from Apple it goes to Syncreon. How do I get the courier tracking because it’s still not here

Lustral

Finally all set up ... took me a few hours as I was doing it from scratch. Screen protector in one without using the frame. Popped the phone into the Apple Leather Case and wow its a bit hefty compared to the Pixel.

Only 7Gb used out of the 256Gb so far. Oh actually I need to set it up with an Apple Watch that I had in the draw for the past few months.

The display with 120hz is just so nice ... about time too.

neilybealy

i bought the esr screen protectors as my usual mediadevil ones were on pre-order but the md ones have shipped today so i might just wait for them to arrive and return the ear ones rather then mess around trying to get it on without bubbles

Geoggy

Well 25 minutes on chat with Apple and I just have to wait and see if it comes tomorrow. Great.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
On the general settings section it gives an offer of 3 months free Apple TV & arcade, which I’m gonna try out but it says it expires on 26/12/21
Is that the time I have to activate the offer?
Or no matter when I activate it the trial runs out on that date ?

jsniper

Been and picked mine up from the Apple store in Meadowhall. Ended up buying the purple leather case to go with my blue pro max. Can’t wait to get it set up after the kids go to bed!

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
DHL text come through 11.23 - 12.23pm.
Been up since 2am :eek:, as soon as I take delivery back to bed for a couple of hours.😩😩

View attachment 1575466
I’m back people and I survived the insomnia :D.

Loving the iPhone but the iPad Mini is :love:

The Dark Cherry Folio is simply 🤩.
Of to Apple store in the morning to get matching leather case for my iPhone 13mini.

5D903AF4-8740-426C-8DD5-6629A9C9418F.jpeg

525D1FA3-8F24-4396-A3DE-B892AB4AAE79.jpeg

jf2404

DHL text me to say 15:19-16:19, told my parents they can go out until that time. Luckily they had no other plans as it came at 1:30 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Loving it so far, however I need to get used to the pro max size from my iPhone X. It’s a big difference.

Went with the 1TB for all my memes that make me chuckle 😂.

Dave M

Distinguished Member
i bought the esr screen protectors as my usual mediadevil ones were on pre-order but the md ones have shipped today so i might just wait for them to arrive and return the ear ones rather then mess around trying to get it on without bubbles
I’m back people and I survived the insomnia :D.

Loving the iPhone but the iPad Mini is :love:

The Dark Cherry Folio is simply 🤩.
Of to Apple store in the morning to get matching leather case for my iPhone 13mini.

View attachment 1575725
View attachment 1575726
I’m loving the mini but man is it small!!!

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
I’m loving the mini but man is it small!!!
Oh I so love the small form factor iPad mini. It’s perfect size for me, not put it down last few hours.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett