iPhone 12 wireless charging issue

Dony

Distinguished Member
Just got my 1st iPhone in a while and ordered an Anker wireless charging pad for it. However, it didn't work so I assumed it was D.O.A.
They sent me a replacement and that doesn't work either. My daughter has just tried both with her SE and it charges fine with both charging pads so it's an issue with my phone.

I've since been googling and have found out that it's a common issue but any of the fixes I've tried haven't worked.
I'll be returning this charging pad but can anyone recommend one that will work straight out of the box?

wine man

This is an Apple problem, if it were me I would be patient and wait for them to fix the software or whatever. Have you got any friends/family that would let you try theirs? I use Yootech chargers with Samsung phones and they just work.

Dony

Distinguished Member
This is an Apple problem, if it were me I would be patient and wait for them to fix the software or whatever. Have you got any friends/family that would let you try theirs? I use Yootech chargers with Samsung phones and they just work.
I can still charge it using a conventional plug, just disappointed I'm not able to charge wirelessly until I go shopping again.

Flynch191

I might have the same charger (see below)… not got a problem with mine or mrs iPhone 12 I also have a thin case installed.. I guess you’ve tried charging without the case on?

Anker Wireless Charger, PowerWave Pad Qi-Certified 10W Max for iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro Max, SE 2020, 11, 11 Pro, AirPods, Galaxy S20 (No AC Adapter, Not Compatible with MagSafe Magnetic Charging)​

Dony

Distinguished Member
I might have the same charger (see below)… not got a problem with mine or mrs iPhone 12 I also have a thin case installed.. I guess you’ve tried charging without the case on?

Anker Wireless Charger, PowerWave Pad Qi-Certified 10W Max for iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro Max, SE 2020, 11, 11 Pro, AirPods, Galaxy S20 (No AC Adapter, Not Compatible with MagSafe Magnetic Charging)​

Yep, same one. I don't understand it. I just updated to ios15, but still nothing. If I move the phone around on the charger the blue light blinks to indicate the phone is not on the charger properly. But when I move it, the light goes of and the phone doesn't charge. Same thing with 2 different pads.

Amazon product

Just noticed this in the description further down the page....

IPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, Xs Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 10W Fast-Charging Galaxy S20 S10 S9 S8, Note 10 Note 9 Note 8IPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, Xs Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 10W Fast-Charging Galaxy S20 S10 S9 S8, Note 10 Note 9 Note 8

No mention of the iPhone 12....but then it works for you? 🤔

Flynch191

Hi. I’ve not tried the standard Apple plug (that’s only 5w or something) I run it with the usb 18w plug below… what are you plugging it into?

Anker Nano USB C Charger, 18W PIQ 3.0 Durable Compact Fast Charger, PowerPort III USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/XS/X, Galaxy S10, Pixel 4/3, iPad Pro, Nintendo Switch and More​

1. Anker Nano USB C Charger, 18W PIQ 3.0 Durable Compact Fast Charger, PowerPort III USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/XS/X, Galaxy S10, Pixel 4/3, iPad Pro, Nintendo Switch and More
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087FY53G3?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_asin_title#

2. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087FY53G3?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_asin_title#

Dony

Distinguished Member
Hi. I’ve not tried the standard Apple plug (that’s only 5w or something) I run it with the usb 18w plug below… what are you plugging it into?

Anker Nano USB C Charger, 18W PIQ 3.0 Durable Compact Fast Charger, PowerPort III USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/XS/X, Galaxy S10, Pixel 4/3, iPad Pro, Nintendo Switch and More​

1. Anker Nano USB C Charger, 18W PIQ 3.0 Durable Compact Fast Charger, PowerPort III USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XR/XS/X, Galaxy S10, Pixel 4/3, iPad Pro, Nintendo Switch and More
    Amazon product
  2. Amazon product
I bought 2 of these...

Amazon product
iPhone 13 12 Fast Charger, 2-Pack 20W USB C Wall Charger, Dual Port PD Power Delivery Fast Charge Block Plug for iPhone 13/12/11 /Pro Max, XS/XR/X, iP

Flynch191

I found this further down on Amazon for the pad..
  • Provides a max 7.5W charge for the iPhone 12 series. To charge the iPhone 12 series at 15W, use an official MagSafe wireless charger.
So should work ok. Trouble is it’s not Apple so doubt they will help you.

Attachments

• CB04AC25-1352-4204-95DF-21A7204B70FB.jpeg
    CB04AC25-1352-4204-95DF-21A7204B70FB.jpeg
    656.9 KB · Views: 5

Dony

Distinguished Member
To tie up the thread and maybe help someone else with the same issue, I've now got sorted.

2 different Anker pads didn't work (their customer service is excellent) so I bought a 2 pack from another supplier. Those didn't work either.
I got onto Apple and called into their store this evening. Turns out my phone was faulty (wouldn't work with a MagSafe charger either). Due to not having the parts available to refurb it, I was able to swap out my phone for a new one which charges wirelessly.

All's good in my world again. :)

BM08

To tie up the thread and maybe help someone else with the same issue, I've now got sorted.

2 different Anker pads didn't work (their customer service is excellent) so I bought a 2 pack from another supplier. Those didn't work either.
I got onto Apple and called into their store this evening. Turns out my phone was faulty (wouldn't work with a MagSafe charger either). Due to not having the parts available to refurb it, I was able to swap out my phone for a new one which charges wirelessly.

All's good in my world again. :)
This is one of the other reason I choose the iPhone, as long as you’re in warranty, or have an extended plan, they will either sort you out there and then at the counter in the shop, or you may have to wait an hour or two for them to either fix it, or decide whether or not they are fixing or giving you a new one. Either way you’re not waiting days or weeks for a phone

Dony

Distinguished Member
This is one of the other reason I choose the iPhone, as long as you’re in warranty, or have an extended plan, they will either sort you out there and then at the counter in the shop, or you may have to wait an hour or two for them to either fix it, or decide whether or not they are fixing or giving you a new one. Either way you’re not waiting days or weeks for a phone
TBF I’ve had similar good service from my local EE store with a previous faulty Android phone.
In this case I was like a dog with a bone trying to resolve this issue and was happy to do a 70 mile round trip to my closest Apple store.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom