iPhone 12 Pro iCloud restore from iPhone X

scoobydoobydoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got my iPhone 12 Pro 256Gb. Current phone is iPhone X with 210GB of used storage.

I‘ve backed up the X to iCloud.

What’s the best way to copy ALL data from X to 12?

I went down the iCloud route and after about 6 hours, it’s only got to about 95GB.

I‘m still using my X until the process has been completed. I realise both are set to backup, is this going to cause a problem?

Or should I set ‘iCloud Backup’ to Off on the 12 so it’s not updating its data into the cloud?

Lastly, how do I ensure all passwords, etc are maintained on the new device?

thanks all

When i went from my 6S to my new iPhone 12 i just had them both turned on next to each other and the new phone picked up the old phone and transferred everything over other than the apps and music had to be downloaded again.

Since this was my first transfer between iPhones, I didn’t know which was the better option, move data between phones or through iCloud.

I chose the latter due to the large data transfer.

Can I ask, how much data did you transfer and goes long did it take?

Mins is currently on 160GB transferred, 50GB to go.

As already said above mate, iPhone to iPhone transfer is the quickest and easiest method of transferring data from one phone to another, you don’t even need a fast internet connection (as I found out).
As long as you’ve got both phones with you, and leave them next to each other.
My wife’s had about 60gb of data, it was all transferred in about 15mins, and I mean everything, from pics/videos, texts, contacts, even WiFi passwords and Apple ID didn’t need to be typed out again.
Easily the best method of doing it, it takes out the frustration of using iTunes, iCloud and waiting hours!

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback. 60GBs in 15 mins is amazing.

Really wish I knew, thought iCloud would be easy.
It’s done 195GB so may as we’ll see it through now, but it’s taken over 24 hours!

iCloud complete.

Has anyone come across this before, iPhone Storage under Settings - General is showing a completely grey horizontal visualisation bar with no breakdown of the categories?

My 64gb 6S had used about 55gb i think and it transferred in about 10/15mins then i left it overnight to download the apps and music and it was done in the morning. iCloud will rely heavily on your internet speed to bring anything down hence why it will be slower.

All sorted now, thanks for all your help. Next time, I know how to migrate!

The issue with iPhone Storage is also now fixed by upgrading to the latest iOS.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom