iPhone 12 Pro Cases

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
What cases are people ordering for the 12 Pro, I can't make my mind up.

psychopomp1

Genuine Apple leather cases for the 12 Pro will be coming in November:

Problem with the Bellroy leather cases is that they use black plastic at the sides which IMHO takes away the beauty. Whereas the Apple leather cases are 100% leather all the way around.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
This one arrived today

Eono by Amazon Slim Case compatible with iPhone 12/12 pro [Smooth Matte Finish] [Ultra-Thin Cover] Liquid Shield Series–Blue Amazon product

will look for an official apple one at some point

Inked

Distinguished Member
Just ordered an apple silicone case from John Lewis (showing as coming soon, but let me add to basket and check out)
Will also pick up an apple leather case once released

CaptnSpaulding

I went with Caseology who have an offer on Amazon at the moment where you get the case and 2 pack tempered glass for just over £7

5A3E4BD2-1299-4835-A807-5F76A7EB2BEC.jpeg

Adrian E

I'm going for one of the Apple clear magsafe ones

bbasra

I've ordered the iPhone Clear Case with MagSafe, MagSafe Charger, and iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue but not sure if I'm going to keep the case and charger.

I think the Silver iPhone looks best with the MagSafe clear case.

Attachments

• MHLM3_AV5.jpeg
    MHLM3_AV5.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 97
  • MHLM3_AV8.jpeg
    MHLM3_AV8.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 78

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Genuine Apple leather cases for the 12 Pro will be coming in November:

Problem with the Bellroy leather cases is that they use black plastic at the sides which IMHO takes away the beauty. Whereas the Apple leather cases are 100% leather all the way around.

Do we know if the new Apple leather cases still have the annoying cut out section at the bottom. Really hate that about their cases.

Inked

Distinguished Member
Do we know if the new Apple leather cases still have the annoying cut out section at the bottom. Really hate that about their cases.
I’m hoping they don’t, the silicone ones are fully enclosed. From the pic in that link it looks like they are enclosed (you can usually see the cutout from the rear of the case)

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Probably have to go silicone then as well.

Really looking forward to see where mag safe goes. Will be great in the car in theory. Any third party accessories on horizon people are looking forward to? (Probably needs a new thread).

Adrian E

I've ordered the iPhone Clear Case with MagSafe, MagSafe Charger, and iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue but not sure if I'm going to keep the case and charger.

I think the Silver iPhone looks best with the MagSafe clear case.

I've gone for exactly the same thing (had to order a power brick as well, as don't have a USB-C one) - I think the blue with clear case will look OK

Just hope it all turns up at roughly the same time - some suggestion the accessories I've ordered from Apple direct may not all make it on launch day......handset coming from Currys due to discount

JayCee

Distinguished Member
A magnet.
I’m guessing the MagSafe charger doesn’t have that strong of a magnet on it
I don't think they contain a magnet.
I may be wrong but the way I'm reading it the magnet is inside the rear of the phones and for a case to be Magsafe compatible it has to have a round-shaped thinner section at that area so a magsafe charger can still magnetically clamp on to the rear and charge the phone through the case.
Likewise that's how the small leather credit card holder and the Belkin magnetic clamp attaches.

Inked

Distinguished Member
I don't think they contain a magnet.
I may be wrong but the way I'm reading it the magnet is inside the rear of the phones and for a case to be Magsafe compatible it has to have a round-shaped thinner section at that area so a magsafe charger can still magnetically clamp on to the rear and charge the phone through the case.
Likewise that's how the small leather credit card holder and the Belkin magnetic clamp attaches.
Has to be more than a thinner section as the slip case activates the clock on the iPhone to show through the window on the front of the case. At the very least it must be a metal circle (a circle shows in the clear case)

Geoggy

I’m taking it my current wireless Anker chargers which work fine on my 11 pro will still charge the 12?

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I’m really stuck on what to get. I want MagSafe compatibility, but the Apple clear cases look absolutely awful IMO, and the standard ones are ok but insanely over priced.

I’m supprised the big case makers don’t have more on offer, they are usually told in advance of what’s coming.

Geoggy

I’ve gone for the clear Mous case using the 10% new customer discount

Vini

I'm on the hunt for a "tide me over" until the official leather cases come out, so I am sampling a few. I want protection on day 1, so I've spent £20 so far on 3 'early release' cases, though this is still far cheaper than an Apple Silicone alternative, which I was going to get.

I've got;

- Cyrill Basic Silicone Case (made by Spigen)
- ESR Hybrid w/ Screen Protectors
- Caseology Dual Grip

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 22.13.19.png
Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 22.13.42.png
Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 22.13.31.png

The Caseology, feels the £5 I paid -- cheap. Not sure I'd trust a £1k+ phone in it. The Cyrill is actually quite nice in hand but I suspect its of cheap construction that will result in the silicon 'scraping off' and the ESR, well, its just clear TPU - quite bulky, but maybe worth a punt as a tide me over. More importantly for me, the cases suggest the 6.1/Pro, thankfully, wont be much bigger than my X. I was very close to going 12 mini.... but........ meh!

Someone mentioned Novada Leather Cases, but I'm a bit dubious/sceptical when it comes to "cheap" premium style cases. A few years back, I found the cheaper leather cases used to peel away from the inside and eventually they'd fall apart (it was at that point I said, just pony up and go Apple - and have never looked back). Admittedly, their older models seem to have stood the test of time, with multiple positive reviews on Amazon.

But for me, the reality is, after the 3 I have, its most likely going to be an official Apple one next, and the one that sticks. (unless its ugly/or £79 -- which it could well be!)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution