iPhone 12 Pro battery condition experience?

Adrian E

Hi folks

Question for iPhone 12 Pro/12 Pro Max owners - how is your battery standing up after a year of use?

I've got a 12 Pro 256GB which I got within days of the launch, and my battery health is showing as 95% - just wondering if that's typical or not.....

Cheers

Adrian

JayCee

Distinguished Member
My exactly 9 months old today 12 Pro Max is still showing 100% under Battery Health.

Dave X

I’m less than impressed with my 12‘s battery health, bought last November and already showing 93%. My previous Xr battery was showing 100% after 15 months and I haven’t changed my usage or charging method (it’s even charged on the same charger and cable).

blaugrana69

12 Pro - 9 months old tomorrow. Battery Health is 100%. Use predominantly 5W charger, generally charge between 20-90%
My previous 11 Pro, now in the possession of my wife, is at 93%. Bought in September 2019.

BM08

Not the 12 pro max, but my 11 pro max ive had for 10months and it’s on 97%. Which is perfectly fine, considering I use my phone alot, but as the battery life is so good, I only need to charge it once in the evening before bed time.

Battery health all depends on the person, how much you use your phone, how many times you charge per day, at what point you charge it from, whether it’s charged right from 1/2%, or from 40/50%. And how long it’s left on the charger after it’s reached 100%, so many factors can contribute to battery degradation, so you can’t say my mate and I bought the phones on the same day, and mine is 5% less, doesn’t work like that.

Adrian E

I think I've probably created a problem of my own making by using the magsafe wireless charger almost exclusively, with the fairly chunky USB-C charger that requires. Suspect I dump the phone on the charger in the kitchen without really thinking about whether it needs a charge. I don't leave it charging overnight, but I've probably not helped the battery health by not letting it drop sufficiently given I've barely left the house since I got it a year ago!

Battery life seems OK, albeit untested through London commuting since I got it. I recall at launch the battery life was distinctly different for 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max due to physical size.

bransoj

Got an iPhone 12 that i've had since September 2020 and showing 98%. I do nothing clever in terms of charging mainly because i use wired CarPlay loads which will always charge the phone. I also have it plugged in at work quite a lot so its charging and then at weekends it will go on a cable to charge at home that is plugged into a USB socket on a plug socket.

BM08

I think I've probably created a problem of my own making by using the magsafe wireless charger almost exclusively, with the fairly chunky USB-C charger that requires. Suspect I dump the phone on the charger in the kitchen without really thinking about whether it needs a charge. I don't leave it charging overnight, but I've probably not helped the battery health by not letting it drop sufficiently given I've barely left the house since I got it a year ago!

Battery life seems OK, albeit untested through London commuting since I got it. I recall at launch the battery life was distinctly different for 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max due to physical size.

not down to physical size, well it is and it isn’t. The phone is bigger which allows it to house a bigger battery

plymouthbloke1974

I have an iPhone 12 Pro 128GB bought just over 11 months ago and battery capacity is showing as 89% 😫

sneeks

My 12 Pro has been the worst iPhone I’ve owned for battery health. Down to 91% now, currently losing 1-2% per month over the last 4 months.

wormvortex

Launch day phone. 95%. I also have an iPhone 11 that is obviously older but is on 99%! However it is a work phone and isn't used anywhere near as heavily

whitesnake11

my iPhone 12 bought last December is down to 96%, I’m a bit disappointed given I’m not a heavy user, my iphone 11 was still at 100% when I bought the 12. My wife has my 11 now and its still at 100%😕

white91

Mine was 100% for a long time. Bought in January, however since August it has gone from 100% down to 96%

Storvay

Sold mine at 91% after 11 months but pace of decline was increasing. No change from usual charging habits.

Definitely the poorest battery degradation I’ve noticed (since iPhones started displaying Battery Health).

ashenfie

Getting a hammering and is 91percent after about 11months

Panavision

Distinguished Member
12 Pro Max.

Bought it last November. Battery health is 100%.

I only charge once a day using a 10w charger. Typically charge from around 50 percent, unplug around 90%. The charging slows to snail's pace once it reaches around 80 percent.

Call of Duty Mobile gets at least an hour a day, maybe two. ;)

The battery life has been excellent for me, would easily last for two to three days if I didn't play CODM.

Cobb

Distinguished Member
I have an iPhone 12 that I bought at launch. Currently sitting at 89% battery health and it appears to be dropping 1% each week, not impressed.

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
12 Pro, bought on launch day. Currently showing 97% health.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom