I think I've probably created a problem of my own making by using the magsafe wireless charger almost exclusively, with the fairly chunky USB-C charger that requires. Suspect I dump the phone on the charger in the kitchen without really thinking about whether it needs a charge. I don't leave it charging overnight, but I've probably not helped the battery health by not letting it drop sufficiently given I've barely left the house since I got it a year ago!
Battery life seems OK, albeit untested through London commuting since I got it. I recall at launch the battery life was distinctly different for 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max due to physical size.