iPhone 12 contract - anyone used Affordable Mobiles or Mobile Phones Direct?

AMc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for an iPhone 12 128GB as a Christmas gift for our daughter - her iPhone 7 looks like it's been in a war after 3 years.
She's prefer the purple one but I guess a case would hide most colours ;)

Moneysupermarkets have come up with Affordable mobiles dot co dot uk
I've never heard of them before but the deals with providers I have heard of are much better than direct with the providers or Virgin, Tesco etc.
e.g.
1638530414433.png

The 3 deal works out at £960 over 2 years which seems very competitive.
I'm looking for the catch.

mobilephonesdirect do co dot uk also have some good deals vis Money Supermarket

1638532111714.png

I've used Mobiles do co dot uk before as they're part of Curry's I wasn't too concerned but their deals don't seem as attractive and they don't have stock for all the colours etc.
Last time was my iPhone 7 refurbed on £20 a month for 2 years back in 2019 - things have got a lot more expensive!

Anyt thoughts on those suppliers or suggestions for a good deal?

Seem very good to me.

As a comparison, my parents just got iPhone 12’s through EE, unlimited mins/texts, 1gb data( use mostly at home on wifi) £70 upfront and £42 a month, but managed to get one deal with a discount, so one of them is only paying £32 a month for the exact same deal. Not bad I thought.

Some of those deals above seem very cheap, and too good to be true!

Went with the O2 offer £199 upfront and £29 a month unlimited texts and calls and 210GB of data via mobile phones direct.

When I ordered it said 2-4weeks for stock which was fine as it’s for Christmas but they started emailing yesterday and DPD are delivering tomorrow.

Seems to be ok so far. :thumbsup:

Went with the O2 offer £199 upfront and £29 a month unlimited texts and calls and 210GB of data via mobile phones direct.

When I ordered it said 2-4weeks for stock which was fine as it’s for Christmas but they started emailing yesterday and DPD are delivering tomorrow.

Seems to be ok so far. :thumbsup:
£199 upfront is abit steep, but the £29 per month, and 210gb data makes up for it. I thought you said it was for a parent, so I was going to question the amount of data, but if it’s for a younger person, you can’t have too much mobile data I think! Ha ha!

210gb is kind of like unlimited really, nobody would come close to using half of that I don’t think.

The data seems a bit mad these days. It goes from 1,5,10 to 200+. I guess there are places where you can stream tv all the time, rural Norfolk isn’t one of them ;)
I think she’s on 10 at the moment and has run out once or twice so 200 should cover her.

I can afford the upfront. I just looked at the total cost over 24m and went from there.

Bizarrely they wanted to deliver it today and O2 have sent the first bill which is taking the mickey a bit. Ideally I’d like it closer to Christmas but it’s too late now!

The data seems a bit mad these days. It goes from 1,5,10 to 200+. I guess there are places where you can stream tv all the time, rural Norfolk isn’t one of them ;)
I think she’s on 10 at the moment and has run out once or twice so 200 should cover her.

I can afford the upfront. I just looked at the total cost over 24m and went from there.

Bizarrely they wanted to deliver it today and O2 have sent the first bill which is taking the mickey a bit. Ideally I’d like it closer to Christmas but it’s too late now!

Wow they don’t mess around do they! Better than being late for Christmas Day though I guess

I've used both affordable mobiles and mobile phones direct several times for my phone and phones for wife and kids. Speedy service from both (DPD delivery). No complaints.

I even did redemption via affordable mobiles for 12 months - the pain in the behind of sending copies of bills etc - and they processed everything without a hitch.

Both legitimate sites that have been around quite some time.

Don't forget top cashback or Quidco.

Good to hear from a happy customer.
I’ve always avoided the cash back things where you put in your bills as it sounds like too much trouble if you forget, go on holiday etc.

The supplier has now emailed asking for a review. I haven’t even got the phone and won’t be setting it up until the 25th :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom