iPhone 11/Pro Photos?

The problem with these darkness photos is that I can imagine very few will get what the fuss is about. Meaning that unless you experience it first hand I would find it hard to believe how dark it can be.

Exactly. Even if Night mode is turned off, the phone still does some pretty impressive Smart HDR stuff and brightens the scene. Very difficult to get a representative ‘before’ pic.

Have the XS and my main gripes are no night mode which i had previously on the P20 pro although comparing someones p20 pro to the 11 makes them everything look 'tangoed' compared to the 11.
But my main gripe is lack of portrait on the wide angle lens! sick of trying to step back to squeeze the frame i want into the telephoto lens!
Dont think this is enough to upgrade!

Exactly. Even if Night mode is turned off, the phone still does some pretty impressive Smart HDR stuff and brightens the scene. Very difficult to get a representative ‘before’ pic.

The problem with these darkness photos is that I can imagine very few will get what the fuss is about. Meaning that unless you experience it first hand I would find it hard to believe how dark it can be.

So here is a non night mode shot compared with night mode. As mentioned in the post above, this is still considerably lighter than what the naked eye was seeing, due to smart HDR.

Not taken at exact same time but in very similar lighting conditions and not a huge amount of minutes between each photo.

View attachment 1207584
10B08991-0268-415B-AD27-FB834FF7FAAE.jpeg
7950E9AB-C299-4448-B158-F4CE0A941E6F.jpeg

Last edited:
Have the XS and my main gripes are no night mode which i had previously on the P20 pro although comparing someones p20 pro to the 11 makes them everything look 'tangoed' compared to the 11.
But my main gripe is lack of portrait on the wide angle lens! sick of trying to step back to squeeze the frame i want into the telephoto lens!
Dont think this is enough to upgrade!

Worth exploring a couple of apps, if you haven't already.

Neuralcam - night mode shots for non-11 phones - very good. No free version but worth it.

Focos - depth of field camera app. Unsure if it allows you to use wide angle lens but it's a pretty powerful app. You can also add bokeh effects to any picture, even one without portrait mode and the results are, at times, very bloody good. Can change focal point of pics, as well. Dead easy to use. Free version is all that I needed, there is a paid Pro version too.

Yeah, I went for the Pro over the standard because of the telephoto (and portrait mode) camera. I was used to it with the X, so really didn't want to lose that.

Yeah, I went for the Pro over the standard because of the telephoto (and portrait mode) camera. I was used to it with the X, so really didn't want to lose that.
Same here. I would have missed the optical telephoto lens. Otherwise I could have been tempted by the 11.

Not bad are they? None of my ones have had any adjustments, I’ve just posted them how I shot them.

Night sight hand held
59E36720-9ED4-4B94-94C0-514AE100BEED.jpeg

94B4AFAE-FFDE-4D86-B5E7-D2762EEB77A7.jpeg

Haha not mine unfortunately. It’s a 2013 C63 AMG

iOS 13.2 is out with deep fusion. Has anybody tried it yet? Is it automatically activated ?

iOS 13.2 is out with deep fusion. Has anybody tried it yet? Is it automatically activated ?
Haven’t tried it yet.

Yes, automatically activated. It appears to be in lower light conditions but too light for night mode.

Apparently, you have to turn OFF the ‘capture outside frame’ setting. Unsure why, just seem that info everywhere.
No easy was to see if a photo has used Deep Fusion which, given that it’s a headline feature, appears a little odd.

I don’t know whether anyone has noticed, but the new iOS 13.3 Beta enables night mode on the telephoto lens. Previously it was only on the wide lens.

Some edited photos from a normal iPhone 11
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom