Quantcast

iPhone 11/Pro Photos?

EyesOnly

Has someone been playing to much GTA V :laugh:

Rym

iOS 13.2 is out with deep fusion. Has anybody tried it yet? Is it automatically activated ?

Storvay

iOS 13.2 is out with deep fusion. Has anybody tried it yet? Is it automatically activated ?
Haven’t tried it yet.

Yes, automatically activated. It appears to be in lower light conditions but too light for night mode.

Apparently, you have to turn OFF the ‘capture outside frame’ setting. Unsure why, just seem that info everywhere.
No easy was to see if a photo has used Deep Fusion which, given that it’s a headline feature, appears a little odd.

Spiderpig

I don’t know whether anyone has noticed, but the new iOS 13.3 Beta enables night mode on the telephoto lens. Previously it was only on the wide lens.

Rym

Some edited photos from a normal iPhone 11
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG

Rym

What a stunning shot. Is this straight out of the camera?

Rym

is that Wales near Tallybont ?

Rym

Still amazes me how far phones have come in terms of camera quality. I sold my DSLR and just use my iPhone 11 now

Paul D

Still amazes me how far phones have come in terms of camera quality. I sold my DSLR and just use my iPhone 11 now
I agree, these latest iPhones are amazing.
One thing i don't get is how they have managed to get the small lenses to resolve these higher resolutions.
I'm no photographer, but i do seem to remember in the earlier days of DSLRs that the lenses where a limiting factor when it came to resolving the higher resolution chips.
That was when a 10mp DSLR was considered insane and had large professional lenses to boot.
Now somehow these tiny lenses don't seem to have the same limitations.
Or are they using some processing trickery to hide the limitations?

Rym

I believe a lot of it is to do with software trickery

A little comparison. Only light was a street light at the end of our driveway opposite the road and at the back of the garage on the ceiling.

First with flash
E1FE4E07-EC0C-4455-AA87-F6CB8936A9D6.jpeg

And without flash and with night mode.
0AB67CA5-73B7-4838-8872-E57D34DB820C.jpeg