iPhone 11/Pro Photos?

SteveLA

Picked up the 11 pro today and the camera is amazing and I thought it was good on the XS Max I had. Happy with the upgrade.

2503759C-9C58-484B-AB7C-17DE0110C383.jpeg

929FB2C3-832A-429D-9D2D-0AAD4D429D67.jpeg

TerryClarke

I've watched a few videos on Youtube about the deep fusion. It seems like a big deal. What are your experiences guys?

Spiderpig

I believe it's in the latest public beta. I'm still trying to find a smug-looking hipster wearing a sweater, so I can't say what my experience is yet.

Rym

Standard iPhone 11 portrait mode
IMG_0132.jpg

Storvay

Washed my parents’ car yesterday. By the time I was done it was properly dark. The main light is from street lamps.

I’m not a good photographer so didn’t try to optimise anything, just took a couple of snaps. Couldn’t believe how the photos came out though.
283BF994-7662-489F-94A0-B64C50765EA7.jpeg
36AA5F14-F0C6-4719-9813-467EB4C36261.jpeg

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
It is like magic isn’t it :) Even with RAW photos doing that in post is really hard unless you use a bracketing technique and a tripod.

christam

Taken under very poor light a few days ago. I couldn't quite believe the difference between what we could see and what the 11 Pro Max saw. No tweaks, just taken in normal photo mode.

IMG_0648.jpeg

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
The problem with these darkness photos is that I can imagine very few will get what the fuss is about. Meaning that unless you experience it first hand I would find it hard to believe how dark it can be.

Storvay

The problem with these darkness photos is that I can imagine very few will get what the fuss is about. Meaning that unless you experience it first hand I would find it hard to believe how dark it can be.
Exactly. Even if Night mode is turned off, the phone still does some pretty impressive Smart HDR stuff and brightens the scene. Very difficult to get a representative ‘before’ pic.

daymouse

Have the XS and my main gripes are no night mode which i had previously on the P20 pro although comparing someones p20 pro to the 11 makes them everything look 'tangoed' compared to the 11.
But my main gripe is lack of portrait on the wide angle lens! sick of trying to step back to squeeze the frame i want into the telephoto lens!
Dont think this is enough to upgrade!

Storvay

Exactly. Even if Night mode is turned off, the phone still does some pretty impressive Smart HDR stuff and brightens the scene. Very difficult to get a representative ‘before’ pic.

So here is a non night mode shot compared with night mode. As mentioned in the post above, this is still considerably lighter than what the naked eye was seeing, due to smart HDR.

Not taken at exact same time but in very similar lighting conditions and not a huge amount of minutes between each photo.

View attachment 1207584
10B08991-0268-415B-AD27-FB834FF7FAAE.jpeg
7950E9AB-C299-4448-B158-F4CE0A941E6F.jpeg

Last edited:

Storvay

Have the XS and my main gripes are no night mode which i had previously on the P20 pro although comparing someones p20 pro to the 11 makes them everything look 'tangoed' compared to the 11.
But my main gripe is lack of portrait on the wide angle lens! sick of trying to step back to squeeze the frame i want into the telephoto lens!
Dont think this is enough to upgrade!
Worth exploring a couple of apps, if you haven't already.

Neuralcam - night mode shots for non-11 phones - very good. No free version but worth it.

Focos - depth of field camera app. Unsure if it allows you to use wide angle lens but it's a pretty powerful app. You can also add bokeh effects to any picture, even one without portrait mode and the results are, at times, very bloody good. Can change focal point of pics, as well. Dead easy to use. Free version is all that I needed, there is a paid Pro version too.

Spiderpig

Yeah, I went for the Pro over the standard because of the telephoto (and portrait mode) camera. I was used to it with the X, so really didn't want to lose that.

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I went for the Pro over the standard because of the telephoto (and portrait mode) camera. I was used to it with the X, so really didn't want to lose that.
Same here. I would have missed the optical telephoto lens. Otherwise I could have been tempted by the 11.

Spiderpig

Not bad are they? None of my ones have had any adjustments, I’ve just posted them how I shot them.

Rym

Night sight hand held
59E36720-9ED4-4B94-94C0-514AE100BEED.jpeg

Rym

94B4AFAE-FFDE-4D86-B5E7-D2762EEB77A7.jpeg

Rym

Haha not mine unfortunately. It’s a 2013 C63 AMG