iPhone 11 camera

Hi all,

My wife recently got the iPhone 11, moving from a pixel 2 xl and we are struggling to see why it gets rave reviews over its camera? I've still got my pixel 2 xl and comparing both cameras on the exact same photos to me, the iPhone is the inferior camera.

Is there anything that needs to be changed in settings or anything to try and improve the camera?

Is it down to the iPhone 11 and its lower ppi density?

Ive attached 2 photos, 1 from each.

Attachments

LJx

It's got the ultra wide angle, the main camera is no better than the Pixel

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Try sending it via email (even to yourself) as it normally gives you the option to send full size file then.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
If on the iphone you are in photos and share the photo. Select email, choose recipient and the next step on my says small/med/large or original.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Bizarre, not sure what to suggest as you should be able to do it via the share method but you need to compare them both at full res on the same screen to do a fair comparison I guess.

Ok, so I've figured out a way to do it. It's abit of a faff mind you. I had to take a photo, save said photo via files as a document. I then have to goto WhatsApp, send document and click the one I've said. The recipient then gets the file at full res albeit if on android as a clickable doc rather than an image.

Why does it not just send a full res file via messaging? Is ios really that much of a pain to do simple things? Back to camera, said photo looks alot better now at full res on both iPhone and pixel 2.

How do you guys take high res photos or share them at full quality.

This is what automatically pops up when sending an image via email from the photos app on an iPhone.
You don’t get this on yours?
About our ads
You may also like
View attachment 1329549
I got this yes but only after putting email addresses in etc. Which is why I said it just auto attaches. Seems you guys are correct. Surely there is a better way to send ppl pictures in full res rather than having to email them? 🤔

Inked

Distinguished Member
I got this yes but only after putting email addresses in etc. Which is why I said it just auto attaches. Seems you guys are correct. Surely there is a better way to send ppl pictures in full res rather than having to email them? 🤔
Never really thought about it as I mainly send Apple to Apple device. So shared iCloud photos, iMessage and Airdrop. All of which are full res.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
It’s more a question for WhatsApp to address rather than Apple tbh.

BM08

Well the pixels have the best stills camera on any phone, this has been a well known fact for a long time.
I can tell the pixels image is on the left isn’t it? The cooler image, and the iPhone is the warmer image on the right?

Have you tried going outside during daytime and taking a picture with both? I think you’ll find they are much closer in terms of quality, rather than a picture of a kitchen in artificial lighting.

Also record a video with both, you’ll find the iPhone is way way better.