iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Event

And folk on here are trying to get rid of their SS S4's for approx. £500!! Not a chance if Apple are valuing them at £80.
Apple always undervalue their trade ins

iPhone X 256GB
Apple £310, MusicMagpie £410 (was £458 up until announcement) AVF sold mine for £525
iPhone XS 256GB
Apple £370, MusicMagpie £601 (I have a locked in price from last week of £665) AVF I’d expect to get around £700

Just chuck your phone back in the box on the evening of the 19th, wrap it in cling film (use a hair dryer if you want it to feel like it's newly shrink wrapped) and then unwrap it on the morning of the 20th.

For that full new phone effect, don't forget to wipe it before you box it up, and then spend a few hours on the Friday morning restoring your backup, so your new phone looks and feels exactly like your old one :)

Hahaha! I’ll go one step further and give it to my neighbour and ask if he’ll “deliver” it back to me in 10mins time :)

You make a good point really. I used to love getting a new phone, setting it up, seeing what it could do...not so much the case these days if you’re moving from iPhone to iPhone, such is the effectiveness of the backup/restore.

So what colour?

I have currently a white (silver!?) X which I think looks really classy. But with it going matte I'm not so sure. And with adding a case to hide the ugliness of the camera housing I think the decision to colour match the lens insert will make it stick out ugly again in a case.....

I think Green looks quite cool and interesting, but again in a case that green will look a bit odd.

So to me that leaves Black really. A bit boring when not using a case, but highly likely that I will have to get a Vaja case for this one.

Anyone else having the same dilemma? #firstworldproblems

Think I’ll stick with my 7+.

Nothing there really transformative.

If there’s a 5G one next year, then perhaps.

I used to be such a fanboi. Not sure what happened there...

I used to be such a fanboi. Not sure what happened there...

You, me and quite a few others!

The major excitement stopped around the 6 and 6S I think. Since then, there hasn't really been a huge design jump has there? Tweaks, bumps and minor design changes, but nothing spectacular.

I checked back on the event thread for the 6 in 2014, and there were 15 pages of chat & speculation about it before the launch event! This years phone has just scraped into 5th page only 5 years later.

So what colour?

I have currently a white (silver!?) X which I think looks really classy. But with it going matte I'm not so sure. And with adding a case to hide the ugliness of the camera housing I think the decision to colour match the lens insert will make it stick out ugly again in a case.....

I think Green looks quite cool and interesting, but again in a case that green will look a bit odd.

So to me that leaves Black really. A bit boring when not using a case, but highly likely that I will have to get a Vaja case for this one.

Green for me. Tempted by the clear Apple case.

So what colour?

I’m not buying this year but if I were I’d go with black.
I don’t think stock will be an issue so I’d probably wait to see the green in store or pre-order a green and black on line and send one back.

Actually it will be interesting to see how many people camp outside or how busy the stores will be. I think it’s going to be pretty low and media will probably pick up on lack of queues this year.

It has been reducing over the years. Mainly because logistics have become rather good, sales figures have not been that bad.

But also smart phones are common nowadays opposed to when it was originally launched. And so good that incremental changes are so much smaller. Just take a look at the discounts already on offer at alternative platforms for relatively new models.

Anyway, it is what it is. Everyone has their own preferences and choices. It is good that it is now a consumer market with no opportunity for scalpers any longer. Although it was nice to order a few and sell a few whilst keeping one to get it funded. Too risky now :)

The most exciting thing about an iPhone launch these days, are the drop tests imo.

looking to get my first iphone - dont want to splash out £1000 for a 11 pro.

so its either the xs or basic iphone 11

whats the better device

looking to get my first iphone - dont want to splash out £1000 for a 11 pro.

so its either the xs or basic iphone 11

whats the better device

The iPhone 11 is going to be a better device IMO, but it depends on your use case. The XS has an OLED screen, the 11 does not but it is slightly bigger. The 11 will have a better camera and better processing. Some specs here. Also, Apple are stating that the 11 will have enhanced battery life over the XS.

And Camera wise the Xs has standard and telephoto, whilst the 11 has standard and ultra wide. Potentially a huge difference.

Case just arrived :)
1C1C9EE2-D07A-47F9-BB6A-7F974B89A200.jpeg

Which case have you gone for?

Just went on Apple site just to see what they’d give me for my year old (mint condition) Apple Watch series 4 Stainless Steel. £80!!! What a piss take! They are a joke.
Went to CEX and they quoted me £326. Still don’t think it’s worth upgrading. I like the idea of “always on” but might it get a but annoying, especially at night?

Interesting how apple get away with telling compete lies
They've said the 11 has 548 pixels and no other phone screen can match that. The note 10 plus,which I've got, has 598.
Also if interest is that the absolute maximum the human eye can see is 576. So even with perfect vision, its pointless for screen manufacturers to take their screens higher than this number as anything above it is totally invisible
Of course that won't stop them doing it and people insisting they can see the difference.
You can lead a horse only so far.
But apple get away with so many lies.

Interesting how apple get away with telling compete lies
They've said the 11 has 548 pixels and no other phone screen can match that. The note 10 plus,which I've got, has 598.
Also if interest is that the absolute maximum the human eye can see is 576. So even with perfect vision, its pointless for screen manufacturers to take their screens higher than this number as anything above it is totally invisible
Of course that won't stop them doing it and people insisting they can see the difference.
You can lead a horse only so far.
But apple get away with so many lies.
Where do they say that?

Green for me. Tempted by the clear Apple case.
Not sure if it helps (or is relevant as the Pro case might be different) but my wife had the clear Apple case for the XR and it wasn’t what I expected. It was really hard and it cracked the first time she removed it from her phone. We returned it and she got a third party (Tech 21) case instead. Just some real world experience.

Why are their screens still way behind the android competition? Still, new phone launches are boring these days, no major tech to show really.

Now whoever gets the battery tech sorted, that will be a true game changer!

Their screens are not behind the competition.

The colours are better tuned, and the wraparound LCD screens on their later LCDiPhones is not something any of the competition do. And if anyone looks at their OLED iPhones are thinks something is lacking, well, more power to you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom