iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Event

If only office workers had something nearby they could plug a phone into to charge...
All desks in a place where I hang about at times have build in Qi chargers. Great, just leave your phone on the table whilst working/chatting and it gets topped up.

notice in the keynote they always compare themselves to them self? 'our best iPhone ever'
'the best screen on any iPhone'
etc

I usually buy outright every couple of years. I'm one year in with the Xs. Not tempted to spend a chunk quite yet.

To all you guys that are underwhelmed, disappointed and saying lack of innovation.
What was you expecting exactly?

I'm far from a voice of authority but the very least I'd have wanted was 5G support and a move to USB-C (I mean, up to date Bluetooth would be nice too but Apple has made their position on this entirely clear). I wasn't looking for it to beam ideas into my brain or have a portable x- ray machine but 5G is going to become a defacto standard in the next 18-24 months and Apple has already sold me a device with USB-C on it so some consistency would be nice.

Hmmm, I'm in two minds about upgrading.

On the other hand, who doesn't like getting a nice new phone?

Just chuck your phone back in the box on the evening of the 19th, wrap it in cling film (use a hair dryer if you want it to feel like it's newly shrink wrapped) and then unwrap it on the morning of the 20th.

For that full new phone effect, don't forget to wipe it before you box it up, and then spend a few hours on the Friday morning restoring your backup, so your new phone looks and feels exactly like your old one :)

The whole launch event was about the camera features of the new Iphones, nothing like that seen in past launch if IPhone. Second, the phones are the ugliest looking ever launched with bulging lens at the rear.

Anyone had experience of trying to upgrade to a new iPhone with their network? Does it involve speaking to five different departments and waiting until the day before cancellation before they opt to charge you less than 100 quid a month? I've been due an upgrade from EE for months.

I could do with upgrading to an 11 128GB. Might see what Sky will do for existing BB/TV/Landline customers.

Can any of these record HDR10 video?......

Anyone heard anything about the ATV? I heard it's going to be something like $4.99 in the US or free for a year if you buy an Apple product but what about the UK?

Anyone heard anything about the ATV? I heard it's going to be something like $4.99 in the US or free for a year if you buy an Apple product but what about the UK?
£4.99 / Free with purchase here
I was going to use the 1 month free trial but as I’ll be upgrading my phone I’ll take the year :D

Apple currently have a refurbed iPhone X for £829, does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to start advertising a refurbed iPhone XS?

Also any idea when places like John Lewis, Very might advertise the 11 Pro for any stock of the XS to reduce

XS is supposedly $100 cheaper instore in the US Apple Stores.

Can any of these record HDR10 video?......

nope, lmao. just "extended dynamic range" apple will probably include it next year and market it as make out its the first mobile to have it. surprising, but they are never quick to include features

and even if they do include it next year (not guaranteed) it will still be a year and a half behind samsung, and like 2 and a half years behind sony

anyone notice the announcement that the new phones have Dolby Atmos (effect), i was laughing so hard at that, then they continued to present those lovely full screen videos and photos, all i could see was the black notch cut out from the left side. Lastly those 3 cameras look too strange, too similar to those finger spinners. At least the simple phone with 2 camera option looks like a cute face when the phone is in landscape...

Decided to treat myself to a new case for my XS Max and save a whole load of cash and feel like I’ve got a new phone for about 2 days. Ok maybe a day and a half max.

nope, lmao. just "extended dynamic range" apple will probably include it next year and market it as make out its the first mobile to have it. surprising, but they are never quick to include features

and even if they do include it next year (not guaranteed) it will still be a year and a half behind samsung, and like 2 and a half years behind sony

That sucks! I love it on the S10+ I just bought, same old Apple.

I was thinking of upgrading my X and can easily afford to do so, but I’m struggling to convince myself. I use the camera a lot and that’s an attractive proposition, along with the battery life and thinking a bigger screen. The lack of 5G is highly annoying though, even though I’ve seen the ‘rumours’ about it. It’s not just the speed, but the way the tech deals with more connections and stops the saturation seen on 4G.

I have been trying to stick to 2 year cycles recently, but I may go 11 and get the 5G phone next year. I might also see what the Pixel has to offer once it’s out but I like the Apple ecosystem, the integration (I’ve an excellent Apple Watch 4), the ease of use and the hardware

Why are their screens still way behind the android competition? Still, new phone launches are boring these days, no major tech to show really.

Now whoever gets the battery tech sorted, that will be a true game changer!

Decided to treat myself to a new case for my XS Max and save a whole load of cash and feel like I’ve got a new phone for about 2 days. Ok maybe a day and a half max.
Which case have you gone for?

Just went on Apple site just to see what they’d give me for my year old (mint condition) Apple Watch series 4 Stainless Steel. £80!!! What a piss take! They are a joke.

Why are their screens still way behind the android competition?
??? Really?

I fully appreciate that people have a preference for different displays, but you can't objectively argue that their accuracy is way behind the android competition. Arguably on the contrary...

Just went on Apple site just to see what they’d give me for my year old (mint condition) Apple Watch series 4 Stainless Steel. £80!!! What a piss take! They are a joke.

And folk on here are trying to get rid of their SS S4's for approx. £500!! Not a chance if Apple are valuing them at £80.

That is a complete P take!!!

I might go back to the official leather folio.
My other idea is to stick my mint Xs Silver Max in the classifieds and try and trade for an equivalent space grey just for a change. Long shot but might be someone out there that fancies a swap.

I’m also sticking with my SS Watch4 but may grab a series 5 for the Mrs or look out for a bargain on a S4 for her.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom