iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Event

Not sure I’ll bother either... happy with my XS max. I said the same this time last year though and ended up buying so we’ll see. Will be the green max for me if I do get one though.

Not sure I’ll bother either... happy with my XS max. I said the same this time last year though and ended up buying so we’ll see. Will be the green max for me if I do get one though.
I honestly wish I’d not bothered upgrading last year, the X to XS just wasn’t much of a change. Definitely want the Max this year, and like you, I’m liking the look of the green

A bit disappointing indeed as was hoping the 11 replacing the XR will be full HD.
Not a big deal but they didn’t bother...

I will probably be getting the XR to replace my 6 or wife 7 plus. Nobody saying it but price dropped seriously at £622 I believe..may even try to get it cheaper.

I got a price match for the 8 plus at 550 but feel the XR will be a better buy at new reduced price despite the extra. Feel free to comment if you think otherwise.

Thinking I'll hold fire until next year as my XS Max is still very fast and when ios13 is added to it also will seem like a new phone anyway. Would you say the camera on the 11 is now better than the one on the XS Max though? Suppose its a bit of a downgrade on the phone though. Extra battery life of the 11 Pro Max would be great though but not enough to shell out again.

Thinking I'll hold fire until next year as my XS Max is still very fast and when ios13 is added to it also will seem like a new phone anyway. Would you say the camera on the 11 is now better than the one on the XS Max though? Suppose its a bit of a downgrade on the phone though. Extra battery life of the 11 Pro Max would be great though but not enough to shell out again.
Whilst I'd like the addition of ultra wide, I'd miss the telephoto lens more. Too me, the 11 camera is not better than the Xs Max camera. But if you didn't use the telephoto than it could be better for you. I'd consider the additional camera processing capabilities more as a nice to have opposed to an reason to upgrade.

I'll be updating my 6s, battery life currently measured in minutes, the base pro model should see me through the next 3-4 years.

Like you, I'm not a big fan of oversized phones. However the overall size of X/XS/11 Pro isn't that much bigger than the 6/7/8. I have both an iphone 8 and iphone XS and TBH its not a big deal when switching between the 2.

how about putting it in your pocket? You don't get a lot of questions like; is that and iPhone Xs in your pocket, or are you happy to see me? :rotfl:

But seriously though, might have a look when they hit the stores how the 11 compares to my 7, or perhaps Xr's will be available for good prices after the release...

Think they hit the cliff some years ago with phone tech, folks are nowadays happy enough with what we have unless the bank of mum & dad is available to you.
Recent stats highlight we only use 5% of the capacity of our cell phones, ever noticed we only use the same apps (5 or 6) over and over again too. The rest are for a rainy day.
My thinking, if I paid 1k for a mobile phone, I would need a brain exam. :)

I still use the iphone 7 from 2.5 years ago, needs a new battery and good to go, 5G would be nice but like all things new it will be buggy and expensive.

Respect Apple for pushing the boundaries, they have, standing still is going backwards in the tech world.

The three camera thing looks like cyclops from Sinbad and the Golden voyage, those old enough would understand that one.

Enjoy which ever swiftkey you're pressing right now homies.

:D

Still have an iPhone SE, was going to upgrade but might wait till next year in hope they might change to USB C, was expecting it on the iPhone 11.
Would of been nice considering I have an iPad pro which has usb c, save having more chargers everywhere.

Every year, new iPhone and new watch (XS Max / S4 Watch

....not this year!

Extremely underwhelmed with their new products this time.

Next year iPhone with 5G is a must and the watch should be a bigger update.

Last edited:
Id want to upgrade my 8 to a X or XS but looking at the prices of the XS now, they are still north of 1K!!

Still have an iPhone SE, was going to upgrade but might wait till next year in hope they might change to USB C, was expecting it on the iPhone 11.
Would of been nice considering I have an iPad pro which has usb c, save having more chargers everywhere.

I missed that. It's more than peculiar that my Android phone and iPad Pro can share a charger but that wouldn't be the case if I had an iPhone. I don't want to be 'that guy' but this is the sort of thing that wouldn't happen if the great turtlenecked one was still with us.

link doesn’t work. Sorry. It basically started like this;
Apple CEO Tim Cook has unveiled a series of reasons why your existing iPhone is now disappointingly obsolete, and why you should immediately spend £1,000 on the new iPhone Xs.

All the Apple rumour sites suggests this year would meet a lacklustre reply from X / XS owners, although I am sure Apple will still sell 'some' units for those on the right upgrade curve or it is funded by the employer

The 2020 / 2021 rumours read for more interesting; dual facetime / under display fingerprint, reduce the notch, maybe microled

MicroLED on the Apple Watch is going to be brilliant, uses less power and brighter! Which means all those precious extra min/hr without having to charge

Been holding out for something that feels revolutionary since getting my iPhone 6S. I've now pretty much given up on Apple, providing little innovation for maximum cost. Going to try Android for the first time and go for a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro when they're officially launched in the UK; lots of functionality and a decent battery for 400 quid

Completely pointless post - please ignore this member
Tech that has been on various Android phones for many years. As soon as it appears on the Apple, then it's new. The sheep will still come...

Sales dropping, the Asian manufacturers increasing. Trump puts in wedge about Huawei, hmmm. Facebook has collected and shared more data than Huawei, Cisco had backdoor access for years, buts sweep that under the carpet. Not shred of evidence has been shown on why Huawei are a threat. They are a threat to the US economy, so Trump plays his political games with China.

I'll get off me soap box now

Last edited:
I'll be sticking with my XS max. I can say with 100% certainty, this will be the first time ever that I see out a 2 year carrier deal - so I'll be looking at May 2021 before I can upgrade.

I also have no interest in 5G, 4G is more than good enough for my needs.

Many of us feel the same, but if your paying over the odd's for "the latest and greatest" then you would expect it to have 5G as that is the latest big thing in the mobile phone world, that all the networks are now pushing.

Same. LTE speeds are good enough for my use case, I've yet to see any justification for 5g (for me personally).

Same. LTE speeds are good enough for my use case, I've yet to see any justification for 5g (for me personally).
Agreed, besides it is rare to actually get the full throughput of 4G as it is. The 11 Pro series do bring Gigabit LTE and also AX wifi. That could already provide a realistic data speed increase without the need for specific network upgrades.

I wouldn't have said not to 5G, but I'm not worried about not having it either.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom