iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Event

I am tempted. Ive had my X since launch, could do with an upgrade. I might go for an 11 Pro Max, but with case most likely. Not for protection but to hide the ugliness :rotfl:

It wasn’t the innovation they seemed to be pushing for the invites but its enough for me to replace my X which I’ve had since launch.

Seems to be the longest iv gone before upgrading. Use to be on a yearly upgrade cycle between the Note devices then 6+ and now still using my 7plus.
Pre ordered for Note 10+ 5g as samsung is offering a £250 exchange for my 7plus then decided to cancel the Pre order and now just waiting....
Keep telling myself “next year” will be the next big thing or phone innovation.
In reality I think we have gotten use to the new tech. And I’ll most likely upgrade once my current device really starts to degrade.
I did the battery swap out and it’s gotten to the point where the battery has degraded again... so may pull the trigger on the Max pro or note5g in a few months....

Cost is not the much of a personal issue for me. As in I can justify the cost internally to myself based on the amount of time I spend on my device for work as pleasure...

Probably should add.. my mindset has shifted from the yearly upgrade gave the newest device to, I’m going to keep my phone for 2-3 years minimum so my next device has to have a 5g feature...
and seeing that we are already in September and the year is almost over! iPhone 12 will be around the corner pretty quick.

Last edited:
Think this one was more disappointing than last year in all honesty

This really needed to have a redesign, 5G, reverse charging for AirPods and Apple Watch as well as other devices

Instead it’s had an ugly camera upgrade

Will grab an XS cheaper hopefully and make finally get a proper new device next year

My wife and I are in Colorado USA at the moment, so I was really looking forward to seeing the Apple event this morning before heading out to explore the countryside

Well my wife saw me looking at the repeat of the event tonight on our ‘old’ iPad 9.7 pro and as I held my two year old iPhone 8 plus 64gb said, “I suppose you’ll be selling that to get a new one, now that they’ve launched one that’s much better”. I told her how much the iPhone 11 pro 256gb would be and she just rolled her eyes at me!

I’ve taken some amazing images and 4k video with the 8 plus on our trip through Colorado. Even though I appreciate Apple tech, being a designer using Macs and Apple equipment since 1993, I just can’t get that excited about any of the news from today :(

Maybe next year...

Last edited:
And here I was, sitting and waiting this release to see if there would be a model to replace my 4.7" iPhone 7 :(

Always found the Xs/Xr too big, guess no joy then...

Maybe next year, when Apple invent 5g, they'll have interesting new designs.

Pass.
I’ve had every iPhone every year since launch but definitely sitting this one out.
F’Ugly device, I don’t use the camera that much and will wait for at least a 5g model.

I’m passing also. Have the XS Max with AppleCare plus and a ton of cases. Not enough of an upgrade for me. First time not upgrading since the 6 (I think?).

Maybe next year, when Apple invent 5g, they'll have interesting new designs.
All the Apple rumour sites suggests this year would meet a lacklustre reply from X / XS owners, although I am sure Apple will still sell 'some' units for those on the right upgrade curve or it is funded by the employer

The 2020 / 2021 rumours read for more interesting; dual facetime / under display fingerprint, reduce the notch, maybe microled

Hmmm... I promised my partner my X for her birthday (I know, that sounds wrong if you don't pronounce 'X' as 'Ten').

As much as it sounds as though the 11 is the same as the X except for swapping the telephoto lens with an ultra-wide one, I do like the idea of the night mode.

The problem is with Apple is that they've started hit the upper curve of what's really innovative (they did that a couple of years ago) - it's taking more and more effort to create something truely innovative. If I did spring for an 11, it would last several years.

I use to upgrade every year when it was a lot more affordable but stopped when I got to iPhone 7.
Honestly, I can’t afford to drop £1000 every year for a new iPhone my priorities have changed. Agree with most comments that this wasn’t the most innovative launch event.

I would love to see a design change similar to the IPad Pro’s..maybe next year:suicide:
Well I for one will be upgrading had my iPhone 7 since launch but really struggling now with the battery.

So either Space Grey or Midnight Green 64GB that will more than enough for me.
:smashin:

Last edited:
Hmmm... I promised my partner my X for her birthday (I know, that sounds wrong if you don't pronounce 'X' as 'Ten').

As much as it sounds as though the 11 is the same as the X except for swapping the telephoto lens with an ultra-wide one, I do like the idea of the night mode.

The problem is with Apple is that they've started hit the upper curve of what's really innovative (they did that a couple of years ago) - it's taking more and more effort to create something truely innovative. If I did spring for an 11, it would last several years.
I'd say the 11 Pro is more like the X. The 11 is like the Xr. Either way it is gaining an ultra-wide one since neither the Xr nor the X had those.

I will gladly pass and stick with my 6s. I try to figure out why they chose this design. I don't get it...

Never been a fan of Apple products due to their closed nature as opposed to Android Never owned a single Apple product as I found most of them to be overrated and overpriced.

Never been a fan of Apple products due to their closed nature as opposed to Android Never owned a single Apple product as I found most of them to be overrated and overpriced.

upload_2019-9-11_9-4-4.gif

I’m more impressed with the “always on” feature on Apple Watch 5.

I’m more impressed with the “always on” feature on Apple Watch 5.

Not enough to make me change from the Series 4, but it's a welcome addition.

Thanks for letting us know, really appreciate it mate :smashin:

And here I was, sitting and waiting this release to see if there would be a model to replace my 4.7" iPhone 7 :(

Always found the Xs/Xr too big, guess no joy then...
Like you, I'm not a big fan of oversized phones. However the overall size of X/XS/11 Pro isn't that much bigger than the 6/7/8. I have both an iphone 8 and iphone XS and TBH its not a big deal when switching between the 2.

I have an XS Max and am more than happy with it currently, no need to change.

On a side note, I hate watching the Apple conferences for the simple fact that every time someone mentions a statistic or brags about a small thing as if it is a game changing announcement with the smug face to match, the audience feel it necessary to whoop and cheer and clap like an army of over-drugged seals. It's nauseating.

Not enough to make me change from the Series 4, but it's a welcome addition.
Same, it’s never been something I’ve worried about but it’s a nice enough feature.
I really wanted a ceramic S4 and was disappointed when there wasn’t one, now I’m not sure it’s enough to make me switch to a series 5.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom