iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Event

blaugrana69

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone tempted ? Pre-order starts this Friday 13th at the later time of 1PM UK.
Looks like it’s pretty much processor, battery and camera improvements this year ?

@Dave M underwhelming wasn’t it? I’m here every year but it just gets underwhelming and less innovative year by year.

So the UK prices are more than the $ prices (whereas before $999 used to be £999)

11 pro max starts at $1,099 and £1,149!!

I think I will still upgrade provided the Vodafone contract prices aren’t horrific!!

So the UK prices are more than the $ prices (whereas before $999 used to be £999)

I think I will still upgrade provided the Vodafone contract prices aren’t horrific!!
Yes, £50 increase across the board for the 11 Pro / Max.

Prices have gone up £50.

Utterly underwhelmed. I'll be keeping my X for another year.

This will be the longest I've ever owned a mobile (my first was in 1996 I think).

Similarly with the Watch, the Series 4 is good enough for at least another year.

64gb is a joke for those prices, premium phones should be offering no less than 128gb for the stated price when we’re nearing 2020 for goodness sake.

Love Apple but they do take liberty with sizes and inflated accessories.

Think i'll keep the X for another year (especially as they replaced the battery for me last week).

Don't need faster cpu, don't need faster gpu, don't need a bigger screen and whilst the new cameras / camera features seem nice, in the real world I don't think they would benefit me (and they way there implemented is fugly at best).

To be fair the pound has been quite volatile and can’t see it becoming strong for another 2/3 years. So this was pretty much expected.

I’ve got an X currently, think I’ll sell it to Music Magpie and then “upgrade” to an XS

Ive wanted a different coloured phone for a while and the 64GB is killing me the last 9 months, had this phone 18 months now so hoping John Lewis or Very will have some kind of discount on the XS

I’ve been wanting a bigger screen (have had the X and XS for the last two years after having a 7 plus before that). I currently own a Huawei P30 Pro along with my XS and it has made me long for the larger version iPhone again.

64gb is just not enough though, so looks like I’ll be stumping up for the 256gb. Had really hoped for a 128gb version this year as that would be perfect for me.

Did they get permission from philishave for that camera configuration?

Was going to buy it but way too expensive for what it offers. It's just I feel underwhelmed.
Will get the note 10 pro 5g instead.

If the few brief articles, and what you guys have said so far, are anything to go by. I’ll probably stick with my current X handset.

I can’t seem to find anything stating even a slight upgrade in the display area. Which is what would have tempted me...
And the only time the camera on my X is used, is for uploading pics on here. So the new gimmicks mentioned have no interest to me.

So it looks like it’ll be a miss for me :(

Was going to buy it but way too expensive for what it offers. It's just I feel underwhelmed.
Will get the note 10 pro 5g instead.
Funnily enough that’s exactly what I was just thinking and go back to iPhone next year when the 5g iPhone is released

Yeah a bit underwhelming, but honestly, I cannot see another exciting phone launch from anyone. They are large or larger slabs with some lenses on the back.

As has been for years now, choose your poison and live with it.

No 5G and no TouchID so no upgrade this year (again). This is the longest I have stayed with one phone but TBH my 7+ still meets all my needs.

No 5G and no TouchID so no upgrade this year (again). This is the longest I have stayed with one phone but TBH my 7+ still meets all my needs.
Honestly I don't know how you guys can deal with that home button.

My X went in for repair last week (screen module replacement and battery) and as it had to be sent away (swollen battery) they lent me an iPhone 8 for a week and it was friggin awful to use.

Think i'll keep the X for another year (especially as they replaced the battery for me last week).

What was the process to get a new battery out of them like? I'm thinking of hanging on to mine but have noticed a sharp dropoff in battery life of late.

What was the process to get a new battery out of them like? I'm thinking of hanging on to mine but have noticed a sharp dropoff in battery life of late.

Well it could have been better, it was mostly filled with lies from them, but it didn't cost me anything.

I noticed my screen was no longer sitting flush, so I did a quick search online and found there was a "screen module replacement" campaign.

So I booked an appointment with the "Genius" bar for that, and when I handed the phone over, I just said oh and I assume you will reseal the screen when you refit it.

They took one look and said oh that's a swollen battery, you will have to pay for a new one as the phone was over 12 months old (purchased Nov 2017).

I said hang on, surely that's covered by the 2 year EU warranty, he then said no that's only if you bought the handset outright from Apple. I said well I bought it outright but from Argos to which he said well you will have to pay for a battery then. I tried to argue it, but they were having none of it. So I asked for a price for a battery then.

With that he ran some diagnostics on the phone and said he would get me a price.

Then it came up saying it was FOC.

He wasn't happy with that, and ran the process again, and once again it said FOC.

So he said ok, it's free then (which I was pleased about).

I wasn't quite so pleased when he said it had to be sent away though as they are not allowed to remove swollen batteries instore.

He then said they would actually be replacing the handset, but that they also couldn't do that in store and I would have to come back to collect it as the repair depot will issue the replacement unit once mine was received, unless I didn't need a loan phone (which I did need) in which case they would send the replacement to me in the post.

Anyway I went back the following week (50 miles each way both times), only to be given back my original phone (they tried to tell me it was a replacement at first, until I said well the serial number is the same as my old one, so I don't think so, they went away and came back and said "oh yes, it is your old one but it does have a new battery and screen module". I wasn't too amused purely because I had been lied to again, but what can I do.

Anyway the old battery was showing 99% until about a week before the screen started to lift, at which point it dropped to 97%.

I remember back in the day this thread used to be buzzing and everyone used to be excited.We used to have a few android trolls too and even they just had enough.

Are we getting old or is the tech getting old?

I remember back in the day this thread used to be buzzing and everyone used to be excited.We used to have a few android trolls too and even they just had enough.

Are we getting old or is the tech getting old?
To me it feels like it's got to the point where they are trying to sell phones as games consoles and DSLR's and lets face it, you don't buy a phone to play games on and if you are serious about photography you buy an SLR or a high end video camera.

If it plays games then great, but it's never going to be an Xbox One X or a PS4 is it, and it's nice to be able to take a nice photo or a video clip, but you don't need 3 camera's to do that.

You buy it to make and receive phone calls and check email / social media and even an old iPhone 6/7/8/X/XR/XS will do that just fine.

Also the fact that they are dragging out the same designs for longer and longer now (it used to be 2 handset's then they changed the style), even the latest and greatest looks the same as the last 2 generations.

So the pro is $999 but the pro Max is £1099. Is there a reason the price keeps jumping between dollars and pounds?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom