1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipaq 5450 + nevo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by morphman, Dec 2, 2003.

1. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right

Just bought a 5450. Needed a PDA, and its also nice that it doubles as a universal remote.

Does anyone use nevo currently?

There are icons here

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk_chno.shtml

That can be used for sky digital.

Has anyone already used these (or similar ones) to create custom icons. They need to be 67x37 i hear.

Anyone done anything nice with their nevo?

Is there a viable solution to use WINPDA with the 5450 considering no CF port?

2. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PDAWIN's TV Remote works fine with a 5450, I've recently upgraded to this iPaq and continue to use the software, but no longer need the CF Card as it uses the internal IR.

Nevo, is, in my opinion, dire. It's awkward to configure and everything is managed at the device.

TV Remote on the other hand can be configured using Pronto ccf's. So you can create everything on a PC, then transfer it across to the PDA and run TV Remote in ccf mode. $15 is about a tenner and well worth it for the extra features, and essentially gives you a colour Pronto.

I've also got a second basic remote configured for basic functions so Mrs S can use the setup whilst I take the iPaq to work.

3. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Jason S - if you are referring to no longer needing a compact flash IR extender for your PDA is there any chance you would be willing to sell it on? Let me know what version you have if this is the case as I am very interested in getting due to impending arrival of an Axim X5, Thanks.

4. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have now got PDA win, and it works fine without an IR Booster :)

Have you set up the TVRemote for Sky+ at all? I want to set mine up with a channel icon guide. I have found a good looking one at www.remotecentral.com from JCoot, but it seems that the screen is too large to fit on a normal TS6000 screen.

I havnt found any other ones.

5. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Made my own from the JCoot4 one, to fit the TS6000.

Updated with channel icons, and less devices.

Will be posted at remotecentral soon i hope :)

6. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D J Fryer,

Yes I would be interested in selling it on, but it's the early version for the ipaq 3630 so not compatible with the X5 I'm afraid.

Laser seem to be selling them in the UK for under £30 though, if you need a UK supplier.

7. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks Jason S - I have picked one up from robocop in the classifieds now.