iPad2 or iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad Forum' started by dts_boy, Feb 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I already have (well, my wife has it!) an iPad2 but i need to get an iPad for work use.
    I am considering getting the mini as it will mainly be used for showing images (case studies, images of what we do etc), emails, occasional PDF use and i will also use it as part of my A/V control for home use.
    Am trying to weigh up if a smaller screen size would be okay - i already have an iPhone 4s and a laptop so think the Mini would fit in between quite well as a portable tablet?

Has anyone made this kind of choice?
    If it was for home use i think i would prefer the larger screen of iPad2 but not sure for work.

For anyone that suggests the new iPad with retina display - cannot justify the expense of that one but granted it would be nice!

2. bpsmith

bpsmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +709
    I use mine predominantly at home and love the Mini!

Had the 1st Gen 64GB full fat iPad since release day and the Mini is so much more usable as a result of its size and weight saving. I would choose the Mini every time over the iPad 2.

3. Quaddy

Quaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    i dont have the mini, i have the ipad 2, but a colleague brought in his mini the other day and i thought it was very cute, for a minute i thought i was going to order one just because its something new - but having said that i do appreciate the size of my 2, but can see for portability and actually, not that much of a smaller representation - specially of web pages vs 2, its a winner!

4. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Currently trawling the web to find a deal on a 32GB mini - hats off to Apple for protecting their pricing so well, can't find a discounted one anywhere!

5. MiiCK90

MiiCK90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I swear HMV stores were offering discount on iPad mini's the other day, they were refurbs but all refurbs are high quality with casing and glass replaced etc, knocked around £60+ off price iirc

6. zenza

zenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I think i got a good deal on one, managed to get a brand new 32GB wifi and cellular one for £300.