iPad won’t connect to WiFi every time I switch on

issidan

Standard Member
Hello. I have an iPad and don’t know what I have done wrong but every time I switch on it says not connected to WiFi so I have to go to settings and switch it on. I have setting to automatically connect. I have turned router and iPad off and it still says not connected. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead. x

davidf

Is this only happening recently? I’ve noticed recently that my iPad isn’t already connected to my network when I wake it up - there’s a second or two before it connects. I’m guessing this was something enabled in some software update, maybe to save battery.

issidan

Standard Member
Yes it has only started recently. I am on 14.4.2 but cannot exactly recall when I updated it. I think it was recently.

issidan

Standard Member
Thank you. I have just done bak-up to ICloud (first time ever) and then reset ipad. How do I restore original settings please?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When setting it up don't pick setup as a new iPad, choose restore from an iCloud backup.
Although, if there is a bug in that backup you may just be importing it back into your device...in which case if it does, reset it again then set it up as a new iPad.

issidan

Standard Member
When setting it up don't pick setup as a new iPad, choose restore from an iCloud backup.
Although, if there is a bug in that backup you may just be importing it back into your device...in which case if it does, reset it again then set it up as a new iPad.
Thank you. My prob has taken a twist as ipad won't now connect to WiFi. I am with TalkTalk so I have totally disconnected broadband to the house and closed down ipad.... Still no connection on ipad. Laptop and mobile are ok.
I will try to contact Apple as I am totally stuck.
I will post what happens in case it helps (if I can get it to connect).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom