• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ipad video - sound settings/EQ - can it be done?

nobbydog

Just copied a music video onto my Ipad to watch on the plane in a few weeks, but the sound through my headphones is tinny with little bass. However, music can be improved by using the eq setting available, but no such option appears for video's. Is there any other way of adding bass to music videos on the Ipad?:smashin:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I'm not 100% sure but II think the EQ settings are system-wide on the iPad audio...meaning if turned on they're active for all audio from any apps.

nobbydog

Hmm, tried max treble followed by max bass for a music track and each time reverted to the video to try and see a difference but couldnt, so U dont think so....thanks for the reply though.

akki007

Just copied a music video onto my Ipad to watch on the plane in a few weeks, but the sound through my headphones is tinny with little bass. However, music can be improved by using the eq setting available, but no such option appears for video's. Is there any other way of adding bass to music videos on the Ipad?:smashin:

Sounds like you need better headphones! Are you using the stock iBuds??

Seriously, if you want an absolutely FANTASTIC sound for a daft daft price £29.99...

Advanced MP3 Players Superlux HD-668B Studio Headphones

and get a headphone amp (£19)....

FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier in Black

I PROMISE you, you will never look back and will hear things in music that you have never heard before.

The headphones in particular are just bizzarely good for the price.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I didn't suggest different headphones as I thought that would be stating the obvious...everyone knows the stock earbuds with most mobiles/mp3 players are built to a price and generally rubbish.
The OP gave the impression he was quite happy with them listening to music, his problem was when playing videos he's just copied to his iPad.

nobbydog

My headphones are Sennheiser cx300's with upgraded Comply foam T400 ear tips - so its not the headphones - and I've got that very headphone amp - the FiiO E5. Music through my (admittedly ageing) IRiver mp3 player is spot for me - just cant get the same bass from the vid through the Ipad.........

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom