Ipad tv cables

bigjb

Distinguished Member
Needing to connect iPad to tv and have the option of hdmi adapter or component cables.

Anyone got any experience of either cable and was it hassle free.

zygon8

Novice Member
Is it iPad 2? I have hdmi cable which is great. Especially showing HD home movies! Although I wish I had gone with apple tv mirroring option. Much more freedom without cable which if I remember the cable cost £35. AV cables are a pain to put in the back of the TV as there are 5 of them. Also not HD. Hope that helps.

bigjb

Distinguished Member
It's an ipad1.Assuming the video app uses the video output.

Reckon the hdmi would be the best option.

Thanks for your info.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
zygon8 said:
AV cables are a pain to put in the back of the TV as there are 5 of them. Also not HD. Hope that helps.
These "AV" cables you're referring to are component, 3 for video and 2 for audio.
There isn't much "pain" involved as they and the sockets on the Tv are colour coded.

MAGiK

you could get an apple TV and do it all wirelessly, the apple TV would use a HDMI! and it is brilliant!

davidames100

Novice Member
Do these cables transmit anything from the apps? So if I wanted to use a cable to watch any of the TV catch up services would it work? Or is there some sort of encoding stopping that from happening? I'm including Sky Go in this. Cheers.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Depends on the app. Some like the built in Video and Youtube apps will play full screen. Others like 4OD will only play in a smaller window whilst Sky Go is totally blocked on HDMI out.

Rob20

Does the ipad 2 output 1080p via HDMI? If so, does anyone have any experience using it with a 1080p plasma. When I connected my laptop to my Pioneer 1080p plasma, the picture looked awful. TBH, I'm waiting for the Ipad 3, but would be interested in using it on my 50" plasma if it were worth it. Cheers in advance. Apologise if this has been covered but haven't been on this for 3 years now!

lloydy75

Standard Member
davidames100 said:
Do these cables transmit anything from the apps? So if I wanted to use a cable to watch any of the TV catch up services would it work? Or is there some sort of encoding stopping that from happening? I'm including Sky Go in this. Cheers.
I've got the Apple digital Av adapter on the iPad 1 connect to a HDMI. iTunes videos and BBC iPlayer App work great, but Sky Go not supported. NotSure if the Component or Composite are Sky Go compatible.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom