iPad to tv

Glen1977

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I want to watch something on my iPad on my LG B8. Is there a single cable to connect the iPad to my LG? Or do I need to buy adapters too?

Depends which iPad you have,

Lightning to HDMI or USB C to HDMI adaptors are available from Apple or third parties (not necessarily cheap!). This is a wired solution

Alternatively still use the iPad and buy a Google Chromecast. iPad is a wireless remote and Google Chromecast connects to a spare HDMI on the TV

It should send youtube with the little screen icon. Has the tv been updated with the apple tv app, look in your content store, not sure if that lets you send the screen? Apple tv box, either normal or 4k allows you to send any apple screen to your tv. Apple TV Again I wouldn't call it cheap but the 4k ones are a great alternative to a smart platform built into a tv. Oh, the apple tv boxes send the screen wirelessly, so no lead from iPad to TV. But don't have antenna to watch programs, just the smart side of things but credit to apple it does work incredibly smoothly. Best, Phil.

Last edited:
Some TVs have Airplay built in too, for example my 2019 Samsung TV does.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom