iPad- replace pen and paper? Is 32GB enough?

Bluedug

Hi,

To cut a long story short I am getting fed up with writing notes on paper (in meetings etc.) then sifting through notes after the fact.

I was considering getting basic iPad (gen8) 32gb with pencil to take notes on - both for work and personal research against PDFs etc.

Has anyone switched from pen and paper to iPad and pencil, in this. How do / did you find it?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
If all you want it for is to replace pen and paper, an iPad could be over the top.

I keep seeing this advertised on Facebook:

But saying that, if you got a good 2nd hand iPad it would be far cheaper than that.

Bluedug

If all you want it for is to replace pen and paper, an iPad could be over the top.

I keep seeing this advertised on Facebook:

But saying that, if you got a good 2nd hand iPad it would be far cheaper than that.

Thanks, had a look at that too but at £400 + £50 for a marker that is pretty much inline with basic iPad (8th) 32gb and pencil.

Looked at both options and IPad will fit better, with the likes of now using that instead of my phone. But the excuse to buy is the notes so really looking to see people using iPad for that function, then thoughts on whether 32gb seems too small (my phone is 256gb 😂)

Steven

Senior Moderator
Probably more replies on a student forum 😛

Tried note taking once with my iPad at a conference. Appreciated not having to carry paper and not having to type up or scan handwritten notes after. The lack of resistance is different to writing on paper with a pen or pencil. So for my preference if I was going 'all in' with a tablet, I would research if they have made advances with creating that sensation of resistance. I remember reading somewhere there are screen protectors available for the iPad designed for note taking

Your preferences may vary

Bluedug

Probably more replies on a student forum 😛

Tried note taking once with my iPad at a conference. Appreciated not having to carry paper and not having to type up or scan handwritten notes after. The lack of resistance is different to writing on paper with a pen or pencil. So for my preference if I was going 'all in' with a tablet, I would research if they have made advances with creating that sensation of resistance. I remember reading somewhere there are screen protectors available for the iPad designed for note taking

Your preferences may vary

Ha ha ha thanks, it was either a student forum or risk general chat 😂.

I believe it would take a bit to get use to but still thinking might be able to get past paper and sifting through hand written notes

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom