iPad Pro 2020 or iPad Air 2020?

martylaa

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for a new iPad which will replace my MacBook Pro (Pro wasn't used for much more than a bit of work, emails and internet).

I'm stuck on whether to get a 2020 12.9/11 iPad Pro 256Gb or get the new iPad Air 2020 256Gb, I'll get a magic keyboard as well...

iPad Air then, definitely, if that's all you use it for. It's quite a premium for the Pro which has a fair few extra features, but you'll probably not use or even notice them.

I think the Air gets all the Pro's key features (all screen, Liquid Retina, True Tone, latest pencil and keyboard support) but with a better processor, for now anyway.

Just ordered one. Had my iPad Air 2 for 4 years and it's support by apple for 5 at least, so it's pretty good value.

My wife has just had the Pro for her new business venture and as lovely as it is, I think I’ll be getting the Air. There aren’t enough differences for me to justify the difference in price as I’ve also got an old MacBook Pro and a desktop pc to use whereas the wife uses her iPad as her primary device so the extra cost made sense (especially since it was a business purchase)

I went with the Pro (got a stonking deal on one) and a magic keyboard, have to say its very very good and something i think I’ll be owning for a good few years...

Last edited:
Can’t argue with that. The keyboard is of no interest to me (especially at that price!) but unlike you I’m not after a laptop replacement. Enjoy!

Yep have a desktop computer at home, had a MacBook and ipad but wanted something to travel with so sold both of those and got this, all worked out good in the end...

I went with the Pro (got a stonking deal on one) and a magic keyboard, have to say its very very good and something i think I’ll be owning for a good few years...
Is this “stonking” deal available to all?

I had this decision to make and went with the iPad Pro as the base 64gb of the Air wasn’t enough. This made it a no-brainer to go for the pro with better promotion screen, more ram, better speakers etc. I do prefer TouchID though so am nervous...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom