Question iPad Pro 2020 or iPad Air 2020?

martylaa

I'm on the lookout for a new iPad which will replace my MacBook Pro (Pro wasn't used for much more than a bit of work, emails and internet).

I'm stuck on whether to get a 2020 12.9/11 iPad Pro 256Gb or get the new iPad Air 2020 256Gb, I'll get a magic keyboard as well...

Milliner

Novice Member
iPad Air then, definitely, if that's all you use it for. It's quite a premium for the Pro which has a fair few extra features, but you'll probably not use or even notice them.

I think the Air gets all the Pro's key features (all screen, Liquid Retina, True Tone, latest pencil and keyboard support) but with a better processor, for now anyway.

Just ordered one. Had my iPad Air 2 for 4 years and it's support by apple for 5 at least, so it's pretty good value.

jsniper

My wife has just had the Pro for her new business venture and as lovely as it is, I think I’ll be getting the Air. There aren’t enough differences for me to justify the difference in price as I’ve also got an old MacBook Pro and a desktop pc to use whereas the wife uses her iPad as her primary device so the extra cost made sense (especially since it was a business purchase)

martylaa

I went with the Pro (got a stonking deal on one) and a magic keyboard, have to say its very very good and something i think I’ll be owning for a good few years...

Last edited:

jsniper

Can’t argue with that. The keyboard is of no interest to me (especially at that price!) but unlike you I’m not after a laptop replacement. Enjoy!

martylaa

Yep have a desktop computer at home, had a MacBook and ipad but wanted something to travel with so sold both of those and got this, all worked out good in the end...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom