iPad Pro 12.9" screen fault

melmorc

So I bought my iPad Pro brand new from pc world back in Dec 2015 and have been very pleased with it.

But over the last few weeks I've noticed a kind of yellow smudge mark / blotches down the side where the x3 connector points are.

Restored the iPad, reset settings but to no avail. It had never been dropped / hit etc and I couldn't find examples of it on the web, only the "yellow hue" colour issue affecting large parts of the screen.

I'd just bought a MacBook Pro, and wanted to sell the iPad Pro but couldn't with it like it was.

I thought I'd give apple a call and after they did some diagnostics and remoted into my iPad, they could blatantly see the issue, so arranged a courier return box for me to send it back for investigation.

I hadn't purchased any additional AppleCare so was ready in case they tried to say it was accidental damage or whatever.

They received the iPad at 10:00 today, and by 17:45 today, I had the email to say they were sending out a replacement. The ups tracking states it will be delivered by midday tomorrow.

Even better, the build date of the replacement iPad is April 2017!

Cracking customer service!

I've attached a few pics of the old iPad, in case anyone else has seen this issue.

IMG_1498601112.161590.jpg
IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1637.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom