ipad minus flash!?

fizzgog

hi guys, i am after an ipad but am worried about the lack of flash support.

how much of a hinderance is it? i mainly use ebay/yahoo mail/facebook/avforums/youtube/bbc sport/i player.

thanks for any input
pete

andymidw

Standard Member
If you use Firefox on your PC/Mac you could try what I've done........

I installed an add-on called "Flashblock" which stops the automatic loading of Flash content but gives you the opportunity to click on an "arrow" to allow the loading of the Flash content......

That enabled me to see how much of my normal surfing would be impacted by not using Flash (and the answer was......"not much")

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
The onlu time I miss Flash is when I'm on the BBC site and would like to watch a video clip.

All YouTube stuff opens fine.

Tenex

Novice Member
how much of a hinderance is it? i mainly use ebay/yahoo mail/facebook/avforums/youtube/bbc sport/i player.
Many forums are available through Tapatalk? YouTube just opt for HTML5. The eBay app is nicer than using the web. iPlayer is amazing on one.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Please everyone remember, Flash is/was all about vector animation.

It just so happens that it was also used by most people for video content also.

tdenson

Novice Member
If you use Firefox on your PC/Mac you could try what I've done........

I installed an add-on called "Flashblock" which stops the automatic loading of Flash content but gives you the opportunity to click on an "arrow" to allow the loading of the Flash content......

That enabled me to see how much of my normal surfing would be impacted by not using Flash (and the answer was......"not much")
Also be aware that this is a little more pessimistic because there are some sites which detect the iPad and change from Flash to HTML5 which will show up in your normal browser as Flash content when it will actually run on the iPad.

Woolley5

Novice Member
DO gif's work? I go on sherdog a lot and get a lot of gifs on there. CAn someone also explain what the difference in this and the I phone apart from the phone bit. I don't currently see why you wouldn't get an I phone 4 instead of an ipad. I know most of you will have both but xwhat if You can only have one.

tdenson

Novice Member
DO gif's work? I go on sherdog a lot and get a lot of gifs on there. CAn someone also explain what the difference in this and the I phone apart from the phone bit. I don't currently see why you wouldn't get an I phone 4 instead of an ipad. I know most of you will have both but xwhat if You can only have one.
There is a vast difference between the iPhone and iPad in terms of user experience. I virtually never use my iPhone any more for browsing since I got the iPad. If I was on a budget I would buy a £10 phone for making phone calls/texting and an iPad for everything else.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom