Question Ipad Mini 4 vs Galaxy Tab S2 8.0

paulbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Wanted to ask for advice before I go ahead and buy a new tablet... I'm weighing up a 32 GB Ipad mini 4 32Gb vs a 32Gb Galaxy Tab S2 8" for my son... he's needing a tablet replacement for his nexus 7.

Ideally I'm looking for something that would get 3 years use out of... is the Ipad limited in this case or will it still work ok after this time? He's been used to his existing android tablet, but changing to an Ipad wouldn't be a problem, he mainly uses it for games, web browsing, etc, but I thought that the Ipad might be a better option as he gets older as it has more educational games compared to android?

He's 8 years old at the moment so has no problem working them (almost as good as me! ;)

Any opinions on the matter would be appreciated, I have some cex vouchers and can buy each of them for approx £290 from there.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

The iPad mini 4 is the current model, and you would get at least 3 years life out of it. iPads get software updates for years, and the processors are more than powerful enough to cope with games.

Thanks for the advice, decided to go for the 2016 Galaxy Tab S2, cex had it priced at £230, a lot cheaper than the ipad! My son had a go on it in the Samsung shop and decided it was good for him.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom