iPad Mini 2 Screen Distortion - just above Home Button - see photo

sunnshinesdad

Novice Member
Reaction score
Advice appreciated please. iPad Mini 2

In the last week I have a rectangular patch of distortion (with horizontal lines and flickering) immediately above the Home Button.

It is about 1cm (half an inch) tall and goes all the way cross the screen.

See attached image.

Does anyone know if this is fixable please?

Attachments

• iPadMini2screendistortion.jpg
    iPadMini2screendistortion.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 84
Have you tried rebooting it.
If it's still there it looks like it could be a screen issue and you either pay Apple megabucks for a genuine replacement or you use a local repair shop (when they reopen) for a non-genuine one but pay considerably less.

Have you tried rebooting it.
If it's still there it looks like it could be a screen issue and you either pay Apple megabucks for a genuine replacement or you use a local repair shop (when they reopen) for a non-genuine one but pay considerably less.

Thanks Jaycee. Do you mean a complete reboot, losing Apps etc., or a reset?
As a novice, it seems to be a black display module issue rather than screen, since if I unplug the screen, the black display module still shows the distortion when powered up.

Yes, I meant a reset but you should have included the fact that you’ve had it apart in your post.
I wouldn’t have suggested a reset knowing that.

Make sure you back up your iPad to computer, that way if anything goes completely wrong you can restore from computer, all apps, data, setting etc.
Sounds like you have display driver issue.

Make sure you back up your iPad to computer, that way if anything goes completely wrong you can restore from computer, all apps, data, setting etc.
Sounds like you have display driver issue.
Thanks Robin, sorry for delay in my replying.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom