• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPad Mail app query

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Can't remember if the iPad mail app has always done this or if it's only happened since the iOS 9-9.1 update?
I use my iPad mainly in portrait mode and when viewing in the mail app where the list of emails is displayed down the LHS and the current one is open and the content is half-displayed on the RHS until you click the email where it then opens.

Since the iOS update if you exit the mail app then open it again (straightaway or later) all you get is a blank screen with "no message selected" in the middle of the screen and "< Mailboxes" at the top LHS.
This does not happen if you use the mail app in landscape mode.
Can anyone confirm this is normal or is it just me and a setting I need to change?
BTW this only refers to the iPad mail app...not the iPhone mail app.

melmorc

Yep same here (iPad Air 2 on 9.1).

I mainly use mine in landscape mode and don't usually fully exit the apps, but have just recreated exactly what you have explained.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom