ipad - itunes problems

angus

Standard Member
I have music and films in my itunes library which are purchased and legal they all play on my computer through itunes but when i sync the ipad some will play and some won't. I can't see any difference in size or format.
Is there something I am doing wrong?

Curly99

Distinguished Member
first, don't cross post please, your other post has been removed, I can't answer you question but I'm sure someone who can will be along shortly.

Curly

P.S. welcome to the forums

Desmo

Distinguished Member
When you say legally purchased, we're they purchased through iTunes itself or are some of them ripped from DVD's you own?

poppitypop

Novice Member
thinking about this some more, could DRM stop the tracks from being played on a different computer/iPad than the one they were downloaded to.

Curly

Is there any DRM on music and movies which restricts to only one computer/device? Even Apple allow it on 5 devices.

Without more information on his problem it is difficult to tell. A wild guess might be that some films legally purchased on DVD but not ripped into the correct ipad format?

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Is there any DRM on music and movies which restricts to only one computer/device? Even Apple allow it on 5 devices.

Without more information on his problem it is difficult to tell. A wild guess might be that some films legally purchased on DVD but not ripped into the correct ipad format?
you are probably right...maybe he could tell us what format they are in and what app they are using to play them with.

@ angus: a bit more info is needed if someone is going to help solve your problem.

Curly

angus

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies, answers to your questions.

All films and music were bought through itunes and were on the same computer that i am syncing to.

Still a mystery?

chrisbaker42

I don't have an ipad yet but I have a similar scenario with my ipod which is caused by the bit rate at which the music has been stored as the computer will play higher quality music than the ipod, does the same apply to the ipad?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom