iPad from the US

TEROKNOR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting the new iPad Air (and Apple TV) I will be going to the States in a few weeks time and was wondering if there is any issue with buying the two devices in the US and bringing them back to the UK?

Many thanks.

There are no issues with the wifi version. Just don't activate it till you get home.

I know loads of people in work who have bought iPads and they are fine. The warranty is also good - they checked with the store in Boston.

Not sure about the cellular versions as they might be more built for the US market.

This has been asked and answered many times.
There are no issues buying in the US and bringing home to the UK other than sliding the US 2 pin end off the charger and plugging in a figure of 8 mains lead or the 3 pronged UK end.
Of course you can activate over there, there's no reason not to...I buy in the Apple store and activate it when I return to my hotel...I'm on my 2nd US-bought cellular iPad and intend to get an Air in September while I'm in Florida.

Thanks guys!! Just what I wanted to hear. If in the unlikely event that there is an issue with the iPad/Apple TV is the warranty valid over here too???

Answered in post #2. Yes.
Sorry I missed that....
Apologies if I missed this as well. I assume there is no issue with the power for the Apple TV over here too?
Sorry for all these questions....

Sorry I missed that....
Apologies if I missed this as well. I assume there is no issue with the power for the Apple TV over here too?
Sorry for all these questions....
You will be supplied with a US plug obviously. You can buy a UK plug if you don't have a suitable Apple charger.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom