• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ipad Faster than iPhone 4

johnny-17

Prominent Member
A few people mentioned that we'd 'drawn the short straw', what with the better screen and increased memory of the newer device etc.

Should ease any troubled minds :smashin:

I don't have a problem if it gets a bit behind in tech terms as it's still pretty good so far.

stoomc

Prominent Member
Bear in mind though that the iPhone is running ios4... saying that, I still think the iPad will be quicker.

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Held off from buying an iPhone 4 after getting the iPad and settled for iOS 4 on my 3GS.

I have to say, the 3GS seems to run faster with iOS 4 than with the previous version. Might be perception possibly, but I really feel it runs smoother. Thats prior to most of my Apps being updated too!

So, what I am getting at is, maybe the iPad will be even faster when the new version gets released for that too!?!

coops233

Established Member
I see many cases but they take away the great design, bit like iPhone cases. My iPhone 4 is naked and I have no regrets so far. What about the iPad?

I like the silver back and dont really want to cover it up. Then again I dont want it to get damaged.

I will only take it out about twice a year and I look after my tech. I could do with a slip case so the dust does not cover it.

Just trying to get a feel if the majority of people use cases.

Cheers

Tempest

Distinguished Member
As has been said, we don't REALLY know till we get the new OS on our iPads.

hopefully they are spending all this extra time fine tuning it, to run even better on the iPad.

I will be gutted if it slows the iPad down at all.

I've seen how the new OS ruined a friends old iPhone making it terribly slow and clunky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom