iPad display of iTunes

pvt

Novice Member
I'm considering buying an iPad - I have no previous experience of them. I've been told that iPad does not work well with iTunes (which I find odd) e.g. it's difficult to names tracks etc on iPad where you've burned tracks from vinyl etc. Is this the case? Any other advice on iPad purchase?

dwhite

You can't do any editing of the tags or your music directly on the ipad, you do that in itunes first and then transfer them across. Thats how it works for all idevices and itunes. Not sure what else you mean by it does not work well with itunes.

bpsmith

That's the funniest thing I have read in a good while. The iPad doesn't work with anything but iTunes. ;-)

pvt

Novice Member
You can't do any editing of the tags or your music directly on the ipad, you do that in itunes first and then transfer them across. Thats how it works for all idevices and itunes. Not sure what else you mean by it does not work well with itunes.
THanks for this - that's what I'd heard. I assume the iPad recognises track names etc from a CD or download?

bpsmith

Whatever. Just think about it logically fella. Would Apple release a superb bit of kit like the iPad, and then lock it down to an App that doesn't work!?!

dannius

pvt said:
THanks for this - that's what I'd heard. I assume the iPad recognises track names etc from a CD or download?
The iPad doesn't recognise track names etc, iTunes does this using an intergrated piece of software. This will all then transfer to your iPad when you sync the device. If iTunes doesn't recognise an album or track you can edit the info manually to name the artist and track and even add in album art by cutting and pasting from another source, I've used amazon for this in the past.

The exception of course is downloading music directly on the iPad but this will have track names/info all already in place.

pvt

Novice Member
Thanks again - very useful input. I was hoping to haev the iPad replace my PC. Sounds like I'll need both.

pvt

Novice Member
Whatever. Just think about it logically fella. Would Apple release a superb bit of kit like the iPad, and then lock it down to an App that doesn't work!?!

You misunderstand my position - I was hoping to use the iPad without having a PC or Mac. From other replies that sounds like that won't work i.e. I won't have all the functionality of iTunes on the iPad unless synched from another source........fella

bpsmith

Then that does somewhat change things. If you put that in your opening post or anywhere in between then we could advise accordingly. Without knowing that we cannot understand what your intentions are.

poppitypop

Novice Member
You misunderstand my position - I was hoping to use the iPad without having a PC or Mac. From other replies that sounds like that won't work i.e. I won't have all the functionality of iTunes on the iPad unless synched from another source........fella
How do you envisage getting the burned vinyl tracks onto the ipad without a PC? The ipad needs a source to take the tracks from.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom