iPad Air Yellow Screen On Left Hand Side?

Does your iPad Air have a yellow hue \ darkened area down the left hand side?

• Total voters

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just wanted an idea of how widespread this yellow hue on white backgrounds issues was, on the new iPad Air. The thread on Mac Rumours is > 21 pages long now and I'd rather not blow my hard earned on a device with a dodgy screen.

Hi

I just wanted an idea of how widespread this yellow hue on white backgrounds issues was, on the new iPad Air. The thread on Mac Rumours is > 21 pages long now and I'd rather not blow my hard earned on a device with a dodgy screen.

If you buy it from an Apple Store it doesn't matter as they give you 14 days to return it.

I bought an iPad Air on release day and it suffered with this problem quite badly, so I have now returned it. I will probably pick up another one over the weekend and that will go back as well if it is the same.

It is really quite distracting. Apple screens quite often have a yellow hue all over that you get used to after a while but this is annoying because it only affects part of the screen.

I found that bringing up the on-screen keyboard showed the problem off at it's worst, but it was easily visible on any white-ish screen.

What model is it?

The demo device in Currys was completely uniform white, so I'm not sure this issue is as widespread as the Apple forum makes out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom