iPad Air 3 - Apple TV hangs

KBD

I've been using an iPad Air 3 to take advantage of the higher bitrate from the Apple TV application when used on an Apple product, but...

Sometimes when the Air Play gets disconnect it leaves the Apple TV application with a grey screen & there seems to be nothing I can do short of a restart of the whole iPad.
I'm not familiar with iOS, but I know on an Android tablet I would find the application in the Application Settings & stop it from there.
I found Apple TV in the applications list in Settings, but there doesn't seem to be an option for stopping or restarting it.

Any idea how I can recover the Apple TV application without restarting the iPad?

MaryWhitehouse

Double click the home button and it’ll show the open apps. Swipe the app you want to close up.

KBD

Oh my, no wonder it was crashing, there were ELEVEN applications open.
I had no idea that all the open applications got reopened when you restart it, but apparently that is the case.

MaryWhitehouse

Oh my, no wonder it was crashing, there were ELEVEN applications open.
I had no idea that all the open applications got reopened when you restart it, but apparently that is the case.

It is but generally doesn't matter at all as the memory management is very good.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom