Ipad 3air screen warranty

ShaggyBFC

Novice Member
Hello all,
anyone had any poor customer experience when it comes to Apple and their screen warranty policy?
Long story short - Bought the Ipad last year and still in warranty - it suffered the blank / flickering screen fault that Apple are aware of. Due to lock-down, I called their customer service who tried a few things but confirmed the machine would need to be returned to their service provider for a screen replacement. The contacted me saying that they found user damage and they'd need to correct this before the screen could be replaced. this damage was the tiniest of marks near to the charging port - so not affected the screen replacement at all. the cost to replace the screen would now cost me - £370+
I complained to Apple and they just told me it was their policy - I feel they've ducked out of fixing this known fault on their product. Totally pee'd at their / Unipart Technical Logistics response to this. i'm not prepared to pay that - I might as well get a new machine.

Anyone else had similar bad experience of this int he UK?
Thanks for any advice

depot

Was it a official complaint you made to apple, if the marks are not to the screen, I’d get more advice before I paid or bought another tablet

ShaggyBFC

Novice Member
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes it was an official complaint. After a few Mail comms, then a phone call today, I was told that it was Apply policy and they can’t do anything against the policy. Pay up or accept the unit back as is.
I know UTL and their processes and they get paid if they can instigate a paid for repair - worth more to them, hence the push to do this.
Up until this, we’ve never had an issue with Apple, and we’re an Apple family..... this has now sullied the relationship.... might have to become a Samsung family....

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If it was me I'd wait until the Apple shops are open then take it in and deal with them in person rather than a 3rd party.

ShaggyBFC

Novice Member
I’ve given up with Apple, or more like their service provider - UTL, they are more than Han useless. They are only interested in generating revenue for themselves.
Who knows when the stores will be open, and would probably get the same response. I’ll buy a replacements screen and replace it myself.
Thanks for the replies

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I’ve given up with Apple, or more like their service provider - UTL, they are more than Han useless. They are only interested in generating revenue for themselves.
Who knows when the stores will be open, and would probably get the same response. I’ll buy a replacements screen and replace it myself.
Thanks for the replies
Does it get sent to UTL even if you pick the 3rd option of sending it to the ‘Apple repair centre’?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom