ipad 2 wi fi issues

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Maybe someone here can help.

Im on the road again , this time out I bought an Airport extreme basestation.

I followed the setup routine , got it up and running , works with my laptop , and my iphone , but the ipad 2 will not connect at all.

In settings it shows itself as connected to the basestation , but nothing works. It wont connect to the net at all. ( Its wi fi only ).

So far Ive tried re-setting the network , re-booting the ipad , running through the setup of the extreme again , but still , the phone and laptop connect through it fine , the ipad will not.

Firmware for the extreme and SW for the ipad are fully up to date.

Anybody got any ideas ?

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
Enter your iPad's IP Address into the 'wireless station access list' pane of your router's preferences (you can find the IP Address under 'settings' on your iPad).

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Well , happy endings at least , I couldnt get to an apple store before christmas , only got home on the 23rd for the holidays , but got there today , it took them all of 10 minutes to determine that the wifi unit was transmitting but not receiving ?

They replaced it with a new one straight away.

Got it home and was able to restore the whole thing from the cloud , happy days !

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom