iPad 2 or Galaxy Tab 10.1??

SneakyJedi

Standard Member
Hi, i am in the market for a tablet that i can use at home for mainly web surfing and social connectivity such as facebook etc. But i attend to use my tablet for work as a off hand pc while my main desktop is busy.

If anyone has had the pleasure of using both, can you please suggest to me which one is better for a 1st timer in tablets or suggestions.

Last edited:

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
My god what a question, I think the best advice would be to go to a shop such as Currys or Carphonewarehoue where they have both on demo and try them out for yourself.

There are many threads on here with people having tried both and settled for one or the other so your best bet is to try before you buy yourself (especially when you'll be looking at spending best part of half a grand!)

Stelph

As SteveU30 says, best to test them yourself TBH, however I would suggest if you are considering using the tablet as an impromptu work device that the ASUS Transformer might be better to look at than the Samsung Galaxy Tab, if you get it with the keyboard (£429) then it adds even more battery life and for typing/work a keyboard is essential TBH

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Hi, i am in the market for a tablet that i can use at home for mainly web surfing and social connectivity such as facebook etc. But i attend to use my tablet for work as a off hand pc while my main desktop is busy.

that the ASUS Transformer might be better to look at than the Samsung Galaxy Tab, if you get it with the keyboard (£429) then it adds even more battery life and for typing/work a keyboard is essential TBH

Considering that need, I'm with Stelph and suggest you consider the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, as the extra flexibility is a bonus

jlm32

plus 1 for the asus,i would say the android software would be better for surfing & with the ability to display flash.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
Engadget have just given the Samsung a stellar review saying it's the best Honeycomb tablet by a country mile, even besting the iPad 2 is the majority of areas!

dc8900

Distinguished Member
The Samsung Galaxy seems to come with a keyboard accessory you can buy :smashin:

Though the page is coming up as not found - I expect that there will be one available.

yep, was announced on the Samsung USA web store a few days ago, the tab 10.1 comes to our island kingdom on the 4th August, so expect the KB dock to be available then as well

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom