iPad 2 calendar will not open

Discussion in 'iPad Forum' started by flamenco, Mar 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. flamenco

flamenco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My iPad 2 calendar refuses to open. I press on it and it opens and disappears immediately.

I know about the March month view problem - mine kept crashing when trying to view March in month view. Recently, I've been able to see March in month view. I was using it last time I looked at calendar. Now, however, it just will not open.

I have tried forcing calendar to close, turned it off and on in settings, tried to create an event in events... Nothing bl**** works!!

Driving me mad. It has done this before but eventually decided to open on a different month to the one I last looked at. But not this time.

Anyone able to help PLEASE????

2. flamenco

flamenco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it's sorted itself out now. I've been turning the calendar off then on from yahoo account and iCloud and lo and behold - there it is.

Have no idea what has happened but calendar is back...

3. milkmanchris

milkmanchris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
  4. Tutorb

Tutorb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I cannot open the calendar on my ipad2. From the home screen it flashes momentarily and then returns to home screen. I had just added clock change dates from the government website and then bank holidays as I thought this was a cool and useful thing to be able to do with one click! The site was
    Www.gov.uk/when-do-the-clocks-change and the UK bank hols one.
    Anyone able to help me reverse the changes and get the calendar back? I have tried closing the app from the multitasking bar and I have restarted the ipad.

5. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,154
    You can access iCloud via a computer at www.icloud.com if you have not got a mac.
    From here you can access your iCal and delete stuff that you wish to remove. This should update your iPad but not sure it will solve your problem but worth a try. Was the iCal bug to do with an appointment on the 1st of April?
    I believe the link above to apples forum also has ways around this problem too.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. Tutorb

Tutorb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have updated my ipad to the latest iOS and that seems to have fixed the calendar problem. Not only that, I also have the bank hols and clock changes!