iPad 2 and networking

mrjaffa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've just bought a new iPad 2 and was wondering if anyone knew of any way to stream my iTunes from the iPad via my home network to my media streamer (C200) or even somehow to my amp.

Not sure where I was best asking this so I used this forum.

Hope someone can help.
:)

Not sure which amp you have but if you have HDMI then you could purchase an AppleTV or if you have optical digital then you could buy the cheaper Airport Express.

For the C200 there's a free option from a project called Airplay-nmt, but for now it only works for video streams ( or video+audio also). See airplay-nmt - Airplay server on NMT - Google Project Hosting for details.

The encryption key for the audio only (iTunes music tracks) part of Airplay has only recently been cracked so there is talk this will get included into this project, however so far there's been no movement.

Not sure which amp you have but if you have HDMI then you could purchase an AppleTV or if you have optical digital then you could buy the cheaper Airport Express.

For the C200 there's a free option from a project called Airplay-nmt, but for now it only works for video streams ( or video+audio also). See airplay-nmt - Airplay server on NMT - Google Project Hosting for details.

The encryption key for the audio only (iTunes music tracks) part of Airplay has only recently been cracked so there is talk this will get included into this project, however so far there's been no movement.

I've been looking at the airport express and am thinking of buying that. However, if I can play videos from the ipad to the C200 via airplay, why on Earth haven't Apple included streaming your iTunes too? So frustrating. I guess there will be some kind of hack for it soon, lie you say, but I have the iPad2 which isn't even jailbroken yet.

All the reviews I've seen of the airport express however, seem to show users streaming from their PC or laptop to their speakers and maybe using their iPad as a remote. But I would like to leave my music on the iPad, purchase a dock and have the album art displayed on their and then streamed to my surround sound. Not entirely certain this can be done with the airport express.

Thanks for your reply.

:)

Since the introduction of airplay, you can do exactly what you want with ipad and airport express.

Since the introduction of airplay, you can do exactly what you want with ipad and airport express.

Brilliant! It saves me spening a few hundred on a decent speaker/dock, now I'll just have to buy a cheap dock and the airport express.

Just a shame you need the airport express when I can stream vids from the ipad via the media streamer but not music. Oh well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom