IP4 with Alpine car stereo ?

funkyspider

Ive got an Alpine CDE-112Ri head unit in my car. It's got a full speed iPod connection using a dedicated iPod connection cable. I've tested a 3GS with iOS4 and it still works fine.

Just wondering if iPhone 4 will also work fine - I'm assuming so, but confirmation would be good before I upgrade when Voda gets stock again.

Cheers.

shazboy

Standard Member
I've got the Alpine CDE104Bti with the cable as well and I can happily confirm that the iPhone 4 works fine (plays music and charges) absolutely fine. I do occasionally get a message saying the 'device isn't fully compatible and there may be interference' on the iPhone but it hasn't stopped it working at all!

Alpine IDAX305 here, working without any issues. I sometimes get the message advising that it is not compatible (only once upon start up) but it works flawlessly. :smashin:

I've got the Alpine CDE104Bti with the cable as well and I can happily confirm that the iPhone 4 works fine (plays music and charges) absolutely fine. I do occasionally get a message saying the 'device isn't fully compatible and there may be interference' on the iPhone but it hasn't stopped it working at all!
I've got the same and it still works perfectly :) I love this head unit, as it is great for controlling the iPod. Bluetooth for making calls still works the same too

Fontie

Ive got the 104bti the only issue I have is my phonebook entry's show surname first, I have in the iphone 4 settings show first and last for sort order and display order but as I say on the headunit it shows last then first. When I had my 3GS it showed first then last anyone know a round this.

Thanks

funkyspider

Interestingly enough I tried another 3GS which had just been updated to iOS4. The phone went into dock mode, but the head unit wouldn't see anything on the phone. We knew this worked on iOS4 as we'd tried one that did.

The phone had never been fully rebooted since the iOS4 update. Did a full power off reboot on the phone and it worked perfectly after. So if anyone has problems after upgrading to iOS4 do a full reset on the phone.

Ive got the 104bti the only issue I have is my phonebook entry's show surname first, I have in the iphone 4 settings show first and last for sort order and display order but as I say on the headunit it shows last then first. When I had my 3GS it showed first then last anyone know a round this.

Thanks
I forgot about that. Yeah, I'm having the same problem with no solution yet

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom