IP Vanish on Amazon Fire tv box

JEFF62

Established Member
Reaction score
Just decided to try using a VPN as I have Kodi installed on my Amazon Fire TV Box. I signed up to IP Vanish and downloaded and logged in and connected. But now I can't access Amazon Video. I tried playing a film and it said I was blocked due to geographical location. So does this mean I have to disconnect IP Vanish every time I want to watch something on Amazon Video or am I in the USA service or something. Maybe I have to select UK on IP Vanish. Also how about Netflix. I seem to now have access to US Netflix. It did Gove error message then started playing a US show anyway. Is this right? Bit confused about how this all works at the moment. How about Kodi? What can I now do that I could not do before?

Looks like no one can help on this so I have cancelled ip vanish. Seems more trouble than it's worth if i have to keep signing in and out of it to use amazon video.

I use ipvanish. Yes, you need to sign out (or use UK server) if using amazon. Wherever the server you connect to is, that’s where the app thinks you are. It’s one of the few that lets you change regions with Netflix (most blocked now), but if amazon thinks you’re in the US, it won’t let you play anything on a UK account.

What was your reason for wanting a VPN?

What was your reason for wanting a VPN?

Because I have kodi on the fire tv box and it seems to be the recommended thing to do. I did notice I could access Netflix USA content which I thought was not possible with ip vanish.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom