Ip Man 2 (2010) Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Teaser Trailer for Wilson Yip’s IP MAN 2

The sequel puts Yen back into the role of Ip Man, this time as he settles in Hong Kong where he opens a Wing Chun school and comes into conflict with a local Hung Fist master named Hung Jan-nam, who is played by Sammo Hung. Although Ip Man is ultimately challenged by the British who rule the territory and their hired fighters, tensions between the two kung fu masters mount to where they are forced to duel.

YouTube - TEASER TRAILER: IP MAN 2 葉問2 COMING SOON TO AUSTRALIAN CINEMAS IN 2010

11417-02.jpg

11417-03.jpg

mooperman

Distinguished Member
hopefully this one will be a bit more about Ip Man, and less about what a bunch of gits the Japanese were... that being said, it looks like the Brits are in for a bashing this time...:rolleyes:

The first one seemed to be a vehicle for the director to have a go at the Japanese in my opinion, a shame really because i do love Wing Chun and was really looking forward to it....:(

If this does end up as a brit bashing movie i will be referring to the series as "the director uses Ip Man to deal with a chip on his shoulder movies"... :D

drunkenmaster

hopefully this one will be a bit more about Ip Man, and less about what a bunch of gits the Japanese were... that being said, it looks like the Brits are in for a bashing this time...:rolleyes:

The first one seemed to be a vehicle for the director to have a go at the Japanese in my opinion, a shame really because i do love Wing Chun and was really looking forward to it....:(

If this does end up as a brit bashing movie i will be referring to the series as "the director uses Ip Man to deal with a chip on his shoulder movies"... :D

These years of Japanese occupation played a biased and brutal domination on the future of the Chinese people, and have regularly been used as an historical point and a vent in chinese fims to enact revenge on the Japanese-prime example Fist of Fury.

This is generic theme in a lot of occupation based country films, take WWII.

The element of Wing Chun seems to be used more predominantly in the second movie, for all martial arts aficionados including myself, but I have to say at Ip Man 1, is still an outstanding movie appealing to al, l not just us Kung Fu freaks

mooperman

Distinguished Member
yeah dont get me wrong i will watch the second movie..... Just wouldve preferred to see a bit more of how Ip Man developed wing chun as opposed to the movie where he was already well versed in it.... still, thats probably the geek in me talking...:D

drunkenmaster

Yeah I understand where you are coming from, as Yip Man simplified the Pin Sun Wing Chun taught to him by Chan Wah Shan and created a more refined version of Wing Chun

Last edited:

Sami

cas398

Any idea when we'll get to see this? I know it was released recently in HK but when will it be available for import or whatever?

cabanatuan

Banned
Any idea when we'll get to see this? I know it was released recently in HK but when will it be available for import or whatever?
Should be in a few months on blu ray via imports and about 10 years down your local HMV shop:rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:

drunkenmaster

disappointed with this film

In which way?, as I loved the first and definitely thought it deserved the accolades it received for acting, direction and fight sequences. Only thing that bothered me about the first was the usual Japanese bashing, but it seems in this case Ip Man was put through a lot of oppression.

cas398

I thought it was very good, almost as good as the first film. I wouldn't argue at it being better.

There's more set pieces this time, but they don't quite match up to the ten black belt scene in the first film, imo.

I'm not familiar with Ip's history, but it seemed nicely set up for a third film.

9/10

Really looking foward to the Blu-Ray.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom