IP Camera dilemma

Fadburty

Novice Member
Hi all,

I have a Hikvison NVR DS-7604NI (B) and a Hikvision DS-2CD2555FWD-IS. The mini dome is great during the daytime, at night I do feel it's not that clear to pick up face from 5m away and it does need a constant wipe.

I'm looking to add another camera, and was unsure what to go for out of the two below

DS-2CD2385G1-I (4mm) 8MP Darkfighter Turret or DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColorVu Turret (4mm)

I would be looking at 2.8mm camera. The 8MP will take more storeage which is fine, but in terms of value for money and getting the most out of daytime or nighttime view. Which one stands out? Happy to view if there are alternative suggested?

Also has anyone got any experience from buying cctvwholesalers?

Thanks

About our ads

Last edited:

Puntoboy

I have both of those cameras in 4mm variety. Personally, I prefer the ColorVu in my setup. There is enough ambient light that I get full bright colour images 24/7. The Darkfighter is really good, lovely an clear, but B/W at night.

Fadburty

Novice Member
Thanks for that, I think Colorvu will be the one, as with the 8mp I would need a 4k monitor.

If the website has Hikvision authorised reseller, should be legit? I do like Use-ip but they are much dearer than others

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom