IOTAVX AVX17

neo_2009

The IOTAVX webpage is showing a future AVX17 (autumn 2021), for 1799€.
The AVX17 processes the audio signals of up to 17 channels simultaneously. Up to 9 loudspeakers in the listening level, up to 6 ceiling loudspeakers and up to 4 subwoofers are possible

Unfortunately, no advance Room calibration system.

All details here.

Some interesting information on ASR.

@Cr8cket, can you please provide more details on this one?

XDbh315.png

P10vnPu.png

Last edited:

rccarguy2

Can't complain for the price, just a shame it doesn't have one of the main room eq systems, but it certainly updates my non hdmi AV pre

UMAR 3:16

As far as I know it should be getting Dirac

markymiles

Distinguished Member
As far as I know it should be getting Dirac
Count me in if true. NO mention of it though. I had the previous Nakamichi processor, which had excellent SQ.

UMAR 3:16

Count me in if true. NO mention of it though. I had the previous Nakamichi processor, which had excellent SQ.
Ian told me couple of months back

neo_2009

I doubt it would get Dirac at this price point ...
Moreover, as @rccarguy mentioned, this lacks a LAN port, so this prototype at least cannot have Dirac.

Adding Dirac, even with a price increase, would make this much more interesting

PsyVision

Distinguished Member
"The proven EQFlex calibration system adapts the sound of the loudspeakers perfectly to the surrounding space. Each of the 17 channels is optimally set and can be adjusted to personal taste using parametric EQs if required. Eleven EQs are available for the front speakers and center, seven for each of the other speakers and five for each of the subwoofers."

Doesn't sound like Dirac but still sounds interesting. Could be combined with REW for a tweakers paradise?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Would be good if it could import filters directly from REW. The previous one's PEQ was painful to use

neo_2009

This model seems to be manufactured by the same OEM (Tonewinner ) as previous one (as Emotiva UMC-200 and similar "clones"), using a Cirrus Logic platform.

I wouldn't put my hopes on the "The proven EQFlex calibration system" :)

It also pains me to say that given all the problems the bigger companies as Arcam, NAD, etc with their Dirac implementation, i can't see how a small company as IOTAV would be able to get Dirac right :(

Nevertheless, assuming Bass Management is done right, it would be major product at this price point ...

markymiles

Distinguished Member
This model seems to be manufactured by the same OEM (Tonewinner ) as previous one (as Emotiva UMC-200 and similar "clones"), using a Cirrus Logic platform.

I wouldn't put my hopes on the "The proven EQFlex calibration system" :)

It also pains me to say that given all the problems the bigger companies as Arcam, NAD, etc with their Dirac implementation, i can't see how a small company as IOTAV would be able to get Dirac right :(

Nevertheless, assuming Bass Management is done right, it would be major product at this price point ...

Agreed, I very much doubt it will have Dirac. Seems ok for the money, nothing special.

rccarguy2

Suppose not too bad of just use it without eq as I have antimode.

However I'd probably rather have second hand anthem avm60

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
I doubt it would get Dirac at this price point ...
Moreover, as @rccarguy mentioned, this lacks a LAN port, so this prototype at least cannot have Dirac.

Adding Dirac, even with a price increase, would make this much more interesting
NAD have several processors with no LAN port, where DIRAC accesses the unit via a network connection attached to a USB port of the onboard processor. I'm certainly not saying this device is going that way, but it's by no means a slam dunk that no physical ethernet port equals no DIRAC.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom