iOS4.2 ....txt/sms - assign custom tones

Texy

Novice Member
I just went into contacts, selected the person, clicked edit and there was an option to assign a text tone.

Yes, but there is only 'default', 'New' and 'Original' choices, the OP is asking about 'Custom' text tones, ie ones that you can download or create. I do not believe the feature has been implemented, or if it has, then I,ll let someone else answer:smashin:

Texy

pendragoncs

Is that what they mean by custom ones. I read it as you can choose from 17 additional tones as you standard tone but you can now give a custom i.e not the standard tone to individual contacts, but this will be from the existing tones.

Texy

Novice Member
Thats my understanding -so if you go to the ringtone page (as opposed to the text tone one), you should see 'Default', 'Custom' and 'Standard'. In my Custom tab there are only ringtones that I have added, not anything the OS has added. So going by that logic, the same should apply to text tones, but it doesn't so I don't think Apple have included this option (yet).

Texy

snellfish

Banned
Is that what they mean by custom ones. I read it as you can choose from 17 additional tones as you standard tone but you can now give a custom i.e not the standard tone to individual contacts, but this will be from the existing tones.
that's what i meant.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom