iOS 8.4 & Apple Music - Now Available!

Am i doing something wrong...?
is the ONLY way to get my physical itunes library onto the iphone now via icloud music library, then i have to download the music on the device? (it seems to have uploaded all my music during the day while ive been at work!)
I try and drag and drop my music from itunes to the phone and nothing happens. I've never synced my whole library in the past, always manually added. Never used itunes match.
Am i just missing something?

Been using Spotify over the last year, so not been using itunes at all!

Big thumbs down from me. Home sharing is no longer available tho' apparently listed as a known issue.

C. :(
I wish I'd read this before I'd updated. What a backwards step.

So after family setting working on my wife's phone last night she has gone to uAw today and it's back to subscription required!!! What is going on.... Anyone help?

That happen to one of my sons today. He restarted his phone and it was fine again.

Few bugs me thinks!

One thing I noticed - they have finally moved Audiobooks into the iBooks app, and stopped mixing them up with my music - that has annoyed me for ages! No longer will shuffle play suddenly pick a random chapter of book!

Something I miss with the new music app is when you turn an iPhone on its side for Album selection.
I much preferred that than scrolling up & down through the A to Z.

I am having trouble adding songs from Apple music library to my music. When I click add to my music it shows a tick to say it has done it. But when I go to my music the selected track/album isn't there. When i go back to this track/album it is unticked again. The only way I can do this is to choose make available offline. This then adds it to my music. So why doesn't add to my music work on its own?

Well this kinda sucks a little, trying to choose a different track by accessing the track listing while phones connect to USB in the car.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435822542.654733.jpg

So they've removed a brilliant function and others aren't working as they should? Great.

Reminds me of a while back when my previously MFi third-party charger stopped being MFi for no reason, meaning the screen doesn't function properly when I use it.

I'm not updating my iPad 2 to 8.4 until when (if?) Home Sharing is sorted. I'm not updating iTunes on my Mac out of principle, just in case that messes anything else up.

This really hasn't gone well as far as I'm concerned.

Whats frustrating me, is my own music in iTunes. Ive got live recordings, and its uploaded to the cloud, and even though its tagged up as live, its been changed to the studio version!!!! whats that all about?

Whats frustrating me, is my own music in iTunes. Ive got live recordings, and its uploaded to the cloud, and even though its tagged up as live, its been changed to the studio version!!!! whats that all about?
In Music settings there's and iCloud Music Library option, you've probably selection the Replace option rather than Merge.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435856563.287280.jpg

Is anyone else having issues with listening to other radio stations other than Beats 1?

Attached the error that keeps being shown to be since day 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 46
Is anyone else having issues with listening to other radio stations other than Beats 1?

Attached the error that keeps being shown to be since day 1
I did until I started the trial.

I am having trouble adding songs from Apple music library to my music. When I click add to my music it shows a tick to say it has done it. But when I go to my music the selected track/album isn't there. When i go back to this track/album it is unticked again. The only way I can do this is to choose make available offline. This then adds it to my music. So why doesn't add to my music work on its own?

I specifically wanted to try this so I did. When I click the add to my music icon, it did just that (without downloading this music). I was then able to find the album in my music and click make available offline (it then downloaded it to my phone).

However, I watched someone on the first day do this and he saw the same behaviour as you. Maybe try it again now, perhaps there were so many people hitting the service yesterday it wasn't working correctly.

HTH
M

I seemed to have lost quite a few music videos after updating, but I've now found them together with a couple of films and music DVDs in "Home Videos". Easy to move them back to where they should be (RH click - get info - options - etc) but a bit odd all the same

Apparently, the latest iOS 9 beta has reintroduces it.

Updated last night to 9.4 and yes home share is back.

This makes me very happy. Only a few months for the proper release...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom